Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
He was a new student at Jake's school and a good competition to Jake as well. He was first described as a boy with a British accent, who mostly beat Jake in everything he can do, like skateboarding and free-styling. But once he chose to become president of the middle school, Nigel learned that Jake was a dragon, and Jake learned that Nigel was a wizard/sorcerer. So to make the competition fair, they used their magical powers to help them win the election. He used his magic to make Jake's poster look stupid. Then he used his powers to make people think Jake doesn't bathe because of his green hair, which did a lot of damage to Jake of becoming president. But once he and Jake found out that an ogre trashed Grandpa's shop, they became a great tag team using their powers. In the end, they both lost the election to Trixie and Spud.
Another time, he was set to have a relationship with Stacey Wintergrin, but she broke up with him and started secretly dating Spud. He helped battle the Gorgon sisters, first by breaking Jake our of him stone form, and then turned the tide of the battle by teleporting a pair of googles onto Jake which deflected the Gorgons' attack back at them, re-imprisoning Euryaleand Medusa in stone (but Fury got away again). Spud agreed to break it off with Stacey and allow her to go back to Nigel (they believed that she was under Fury's mind control), but it turned out that she really did like Spud and wasn't being controlled at all, so Nigel didn't end up getting her back.
He was also present in the school's dating auction, where his English accent sent girls into bidding for him.
Nigel was first introduced as a rival to Jake in all of his skills (skateboarding, freestyle rap, etc.) in a sense that he is even better. In a twist that makes him even more similar to Jake, he's actually a young wizard apprentice who was transferred to New York City as a means to complete his magical training (though he prefers to be called a sorcerer). Nigel is shown to be charming and sophisticated. He is also very popular among the ladies, as seen in the school's auction, and to the entire student body.
Nigel used magic to make free shirts and free things, blast Jake out of his Dragon form, and help Jake stop an ogre. A few other magic spells that Nigel used are:
- Tempest in a jar, spread the rumor far (say rumor here): Spreads a rumor and people believe it.
- Steak and kidney pie, make this (object/thing/person) fly: Makes an object/thing/person fly.
- Bell, book and candle, pull down the handle: Pulls down a handle.
- Springest awakest: Fully grows a spring-seasonal tree.
- Geologize gemologize: Turns rocks into gems.
- Wizard's cloak turn to poison oak: Turns roses into poison oak and makes his enemies itchy.
- Supernatural Tuesday (first appearance)
- Siren Says
- Furious Jealousy
- Being Human (final appearance)
- The Hong Kong Longs (end credits)
- Nigel was seen with Jake doing the Rotwood impression.
- Popular culture, particularly fantasy, has used the term "thrall" to describe someone under the control of a supernatural force. This is similar to how Nigel used his powers to manipulate others.
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0138889/?ref_=tt_cl_t7
- ↑ http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/tv-shows/American-Dragon-Jake-Long/Nigel-Thrall/
- ↑ http://www.jeffgoode.com/tv/americandragon/characters/nigel.htm
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0943766/
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Supernatural Tuesday
- ↑ Furious Jealousy
- ↑ Being Human