Ned and Zed are the secondary antagonists in the 2013 Disney/Pixar animated feature film, Planes. They are Ripslinger's henchplanes, who help him try to disqualify Dusty from the Wings Around the Globe competition.
"Team Ripslinger's bombastic racers Ned and Zed specialize in sabotage. Lacking the skills to actually outrace the competition, they simply eliminate it, propelling boss Ripslinger to victory every single time. Zed, a rowdy and reckless flier, and Ned, a strange bird himself, may not be the sharpest props in the hangar, but they have figured out how to draft off Ripslinger’s fame."
- The first letters of their names N and Z make up the initials of the name of their home country of New Zealand.
- Ned and Zed were making story references to David and Goliath from the Bible and Old Yeller.
- Ned and Zed's designs are based on the Extra EA-300 aerobatic planes, but with the cockpit windows in a different shape.
- Both are brothers from New Zealand, while the movie shows the US flags on their names.
- Their wingspans are 20.3 feet (6.2 meters).
- Their flying styles are aggressive and dangerous.
- They are nicknamed the "Twin Turbos".
- Both their Sky Slycer Mark Five propellers are single two-bladed props.
- Ned's Micro Drifters release incorrectly labels him as Zed.
- Ned and Zed are similar to Pain and Panic from Hercules. Ned and Zed & Pain and Panic were frequently abused by Ripslinger and Hades while Ripslinger and Hades acted nice to Ishani and Meg.