|Released:||May 9, 2013|
|System(s):||iPad + & iPad Mini|
|Developed by:||Disney Interactive|
My Penguin is a free mobile application for Club Penguin, fully released on May 9, 2013. The app is compatible with all versions of the iPad, with the exception of the iPad 1, and the only language at the time is English. Club Penguin plans on making it work in more languages and on more devices soon, confirmed by Spike Hike in a blog post.
It's name was confirmed at Club Penguin Summit, as well as the fact that you would be able to edit your penguin's Player Card.
- Edit Penguin: Can edit your penguin's clothing.
- Friends List: Brings up your Friend list, and allows you to throw a snowball at your friends. You can also accept or deny friend requests through the app.
- Penguin Style: Can buy clothes from the latest Penguin Style catalog, including mobile exclusive items.
- Blog: Can read the latest posts from the What's New Blog.
- Videos: Can watch the latest videos from Club Penguin's YouTube channel.
- Games: Can play Club Penguin minigames such as Puffle Rescue, Puffle Roundup, Ice Fishing, Pufflescape, and Card-Jitsu Snow.
- Sushi Drop: An exclusive minigame for the app. Sushi, which gives you tries in the game, can be earned by reading the blog or watching a video.
Official iTunes Description
The popular virtual world of Club Penguin comes alive on the go!
Play 5 exciting games, customize unique penguin looks, unlock mobile exclusives, and stay connected to friends and the action at clubpenguin.com.
- Some of the item files have not been added to the game.
- The Amulet does not show your Card-Jitsu status.
- When you edit your player card, the items appear but your penguin does not.
- Earn virtual coins to get new items & outfits
- Shop for fashions in the Penguin Style catalog
- Unlock mobile exclusive items & styles
- Sync items & coins to use between the app & a clubpenguin.com account
- Explore 16 underground caves in the hit game Pufflescape
- Win coins, bonus items & treasure in the exclusive Sushi Drop game
- Save puffles in danger in 18 levels of Puffle Rescue
- Gather up crazy puffles in Puffle Roundup
- Catch fish & avoid jellyfish, crabs & sharks in Ice Fishing
- Throw snowballs at penguin friends online & add new buddies on the go
- Watch the newest videos & get sneak peeks on the What’s New Blog
- Access your items in the app & online at clubpenguin.com
About Club Penguin
In the virtual world of Club Penguin, players can personalize a penguin, shop for styles, join parties, play games, collect pet puffles, decorate igloos, and hang out with friends.
- Compatible with iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + 4G, iPad (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini and iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular.
- Requires iOS 5.0 or later.
Released: May 09, 2013
Size: 44.0 MB
Seller: Walt Disney
© 2012 Disney
|1.0||May 9, 2013||My Penguin App release||44.0|
|1.1||June 6, 2013||Added Card-Jitsu Snow, more levels to Pufflescape and Puffle Rescue, and bug fixes.||37.3|
- When you play a game, you can earn coins, and you are able to transfer them to your online account.
- If you have a buddy who is playing My Penguin they will appear online.
- You can throw a snowball at people and they can throw one back.
- It was confirmed by Spike Hike at first it will be only for the iPad at first, but it will be available for other iOS devices and other smartphones soon.
- Playing games will grant the player a sushi for a turn in the game, Sushi Drop. *The player can collect money depending on where the Sushi ends up.
- There is a way to get the app on iPad 1.
- There was a Release Party to celebrate the app.
- The app reached very high spots on the app charts reaching #1 in Canada #2 in the UK and #2 in the U.S.
- You are limited to earning 10 sushi a day, which is odd because Spike Hike showed an image having him having 46 sushi.
- Puffles do not appear in the app (except the puffles from Puffle Roundup and a White Puffle from Pufflescape).
- Mysterious files were found inside the Apps code.
- A string of text shows that Card Jitsu Snow will most likely be playable soon. *The Application may include App purchases meaning that you may have to pay for certain features however this could just mean you have to have Membership. The App has code referring to Igloos, Gift Cards, Messages, some sort of new Color and a news feed. There are text in the code that read: "CP Times", "You unlocked an exclusive color", "Choose the ignore button to hide their messages" Also, strings reading "You can Report Penguins". Alternative Language's were also found in the App.
- Sometimes if you try to throw a Snowball it would not work.
- Sometimes your Friend List would not work right.
- There is a glitch where you can get 1,000,000 coins on Club penguin using the app. This link shows how. This glitch was fixed in version 1.1.
- In version 1.1, the words 'MEMBER' do not show up on your playercard.