Club Penguin (formerly called My Penguin) is a free mobile application for Club Penguin, fully released on May 9, 2013. The app is compatible with all versions of the iPad™, with the exception of the iPad 1™. Also, you need iOS 5 or above to have the app. The only languages at the time are English, French, German, Portuguese, and Spanish. Club Penguin plans on making it work in more languages and on more devices soon (such as Android™), confirmed by Spike Hike in a blog post. In a recent Tweet by Spike Hike, the Club Penguin App will be available for iPhone™ and iPod™ in a few weeks. It will take at least 6 months or so to get the app on Android™.
Its name was confirmed at Club Penguin Summit, as well as the fact that you would be able to edit your penguin's Player Card.
Since then, players have been able to play an exclusive mini-game, decorate their igloos, chat with their friends, and see their penguins in a new, more realistic 3D penguin avatar.
- Edit Penguin: Can edit your penguin's clothing.
- Friends List: Brings up your Friend list, and allows you to throw a snowball at your friends. You can also accept or deny friend requests through the app.
- Penguin Style: Can buy clothes from a Penguin Style catalog, including mobile exclusive items.
- Blog: Can read the latest posts from the What's New Blog.
- Videos: Can watch the latest videos from Club Penguin's YouTube channel. Was removed in version 1.2.
- Games: Can play Club Penguin minigames such as Puffle Rescue, Puffle Roundup, Ice Fishing, Pufflescape, Sushi Drop, Card-Jitsu Snow, Jetpack Boost, Bean Counters, Pizzatron 3000, and Smoothie Smash.
- 3D artwork: A new type of penguin sprite was shown in WaddleOn Episode 6, and in the corner a small print stated "My Penguin footage shown." This sprite is seen when waddling around in igloos. It took the team one year to make every single item in 3D.
- Igloos: Can edit and visit other igloos.
- Rooms: Can visit rooms on the island such as the Town Center, Coffee Shop, Dance Club, Clothes Shop, Dock, Beach, Lighthouse, Beacon, Snow Forts and Mine Shack.
- Jump to Friend: Can Jump to Friends by clicking on their playercard and then clicking on a little curvy arrow.
Official iTunes Description
The popular virtual world of Club Penguin comes alive on the go!
Play 6 exciting games, customize unique penguin looks, unlock mobile exclusives, and stay connected to friends and the action at clubpenguin.com.
|1.0||May 9, 2013||My Penguin App release.||44.0|
|1.1||June 6, 2013||Added Card-Jitsu Snow, more levels to Pufflescape and Puffle Rescue, and bug fixes.||37.3|
|1.1.1||June 21, 2013||Added new catalog items, fixed music/sound issues for Card-Jitsu Snow, improved stability for the app, and corrected localization errors.||37.4|
|1.2||August 29, 2013||Added 3D penguin avatar sprites, igloo editing, igloo visiting, Jetpack Boost and Jetpack Boost.||74.3|
|1.2.1||September 16, 2013||General stability fixes for friends and player cards, and igloo editor now displays quantity of items.||70.9|
|1.3||December 12, 2013||Added 4 new rooms Town Center], Coffee Shop, Dance Club and Clothes Shop for penguins to waddle and play. Pizzatron 3000] and Smoothie Smash were also added to play.||76.9|
|1.4||April, 2014||Puffle Party 2014 will come along with iPhone version of the app.||???|