Muppet Babies is an upcoming CGI-animated television series featuring toddler versions of the Muppets characters that will air on Disney Junior in 2018. It is a reboot of the 1984-1991 animated series of the same name.
Targeted at viewers between the ages of 4 and 7, each episode of the new Muppet Babies will feature two 11-minute stories in which the characters use their imagination to “take them to the farthest corners of the universe.” (Sometimes literally, as the Muppets have already proven themselves capable of interstellar travel.) “We are proud, and a little bit giddy, to begin production on our new version of the much-loved Muppet Babies,” says Nancy Kanter, Executive Vice President, Original Programming and General Manager, Disney Junior Worldwide. “Parents will delight in seeing their favorite Muppets in the mixed animation style they remember from the original series, and kids will be introduced to this warm and zany world made just right for the Disney Junior audience.” Tom Warburton will executive produce and Eric Shaw will be the story editor. The show will be a co-production between Disney Junior, Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, and The Muppets Studio
- The show will retain several of toddler versions of classic Muppets character including Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo and Animal, as well as the return of Nanny from the original show and introducing a new character called Bobbi Baba, a young female Muppet sheep.
- It is unknown if the toddler versions of Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Beaker, Rowlf the Dog and Scooter (or even his sister Skeeter, a character created for the original series) will appear.
- As in the original 1984 cartoon, Nanny's face is never shown on-screen and she is usually seen only from the neck down.
- Baby Fozzie and Baby Miss Piggy are the only Muppet Babies to still wear their outfits from the original series.
- ↑ Exclusive: MUPPET BABIES Set for Reboot? « Muppet Fans Who Grew Up - Tough Pigs
- ↑ Muppet Babies Reboot Coming to Disney Junior in 2018 — See First Photo
- ↑ Holloway, Daniel (October 26, 2016). "‘Muppet Babies’ Reboot Begins Production at Disney Junior".. Variety.
- ↑ "A Brand New Muppet Babies is On the Way", OhMyDisney.com, October 26, 2016.