Muppet Babies is a CGI-animated television series featuring toddler versions of the Muppets characters that premiered on Disney Junior on March 23, 2018. It is a reboot of the 1984-1991 animated series of the same name.
Targeted at viewers between the ages of 4 and 7, each episode of the new Muppet Babies will feature two 11-minute stories in which the characters use their imagination to "take them to the farthest corners of the universe." (Sometimes literally, as the Muppets have already proven themselves capable of interstellar travel.) "We are proud, and a little bit giddy, to begin production on our new version of the much-loved Muppet Babies," says Nancy Kanter, Executive Vice President, Original Programming and General Manager, Disney Junior Worldwide. "Parents will delight in seeing their favorite Muppets in the mixed animation style they remember from the original series, and kids will be introduced to this warm and zany world made just right for the Disney Junior audience." Tom Warburton will executive produce and Eric Shaw will be the story editor. The show will be a co-production between Disney Junior, Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, and The Muppets Studio.
- Matt Danner as Kermit the Frog
- Eric Bauza as Fozzie Bear
- Melanie Harrison as Miss Piggy
- Ben Diskin as Gonzo
- Dee Bradley Baker as Animal
- Jessica DiCicco as Summer Penguin
- Jenny Slate as Miss Nanny
- The show will retain several of toddler versions of classic Muppets character including Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo and Animal, as well as the return of Miss Nanny from the original show and introducing a new character called Summer Penguin, a young female Muppet penguin and originally Bobbi Baba, a young female Muppet sheep. Guest appearances by Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Beaker, Rowlf the Dog, Dr. Teeth, Rizzo the Rat, and Statler and Waldorf are also being announced.
- It is unknown if the toddler versions of Robin the Frog, Scooter, Janice, Bean Bunny and Skeeter (a character created for the original series) will appear.
- As in the original 1984 cartoon, Nanny's face is never shown on-screen and she is usually seen only from the neck down.
- Baby Fozzie and Baby Miss Piggy are the only Muppet Babies to still wear their outfits from the original series.
- ↑ https://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/2018/02/22/disney-juniors-muppet-babies-premiere-march-23rd/
- ↑ Schwartz, Dana (January 25, 2018). "Meet the new Muppet Baby! A first look at Summer the penguin". Entertainment Weekly.
- ↑ "Exclusive: MUPPET BABIES Set for Reboot? « Muppet Fans Who Grew Up". Tough Pigs.
- ↑ "Muppet Babies Reboot Coming to Disney Junior in 2018 — See First Photo". TV Line.
- ↑ Holloway, Daniel (October 26, 2016). "‘Muppet Babies’ Reboot Begins Production at Disney Junior".. Variety.
- ↑ "A Brand New Muppet Babies is On the Way". Oh My Disney (October 26, 2016).