Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Each subchapter about the films has the following sections if necessary:
- The Original Tale, summarizing the original media the film is adapted from
- The Disney Version, detailing the film's production, including mentions of abandoned concepts, deleted songs, and other changes
- Cutting Room Floor, describing scenes that were fully animated but were deleted, as well as scenes that were cut in other releases
- Plot Holes, pointing out flaws in the writing
- Bloopers, pointing out animation and voice errors
- Hidden Images, pointing out hidden details in the animation
- Strange Reactions, which describes oddities about the film's reception and/or legacy
- Attraction Offspring, describing the adaptations of the films to theme park attractions
Following an introductory chapter called "The Disney Cookbook", the book covers the following films, grouped under culinary-themed chapter names.
- Disney Developed: Salad Days (1937-1942)
- Disney Discouraged: Potluck (1943-1949)
- Disney Delighted: Classic Cuisine (1950-1959)
- Disney Distracted: Microwave Magic (1960-1967)
- Disney Duplicated: Reheated Leftovers (1968-1984)
- Disney Disassembled: Cleansing the Palette (1985-1988)
- Disney Distinguished: Icing on the Cake (1989-1994)
- Disney Diluted: Chef's Surprise (1994-1996)
The book was reprinted in 2001, with the closing chapter expanded to include subchapters for Hercules, Mulan, and Tarzan. Some of the existing text was also updated; for instance, the opening chapter's original mention of a "never-realized Winnie the Pooh ride" (which was planned for Mickey's Toontown but lost its spot to Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin) was changed to "not-yet realized", due to The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh having opened at the Magic Kingdom, and a paragraph about Fantasia 2000 was added to the "Strange Reactions" section in the Fantasia subchapter.