Henry Dussard, a young American, inherits a picturesque but badly neglected olive farm in southern France and is determined to make it operational again despite cautionary advice from the local priest and a pretty villager. Desperate for laborers, the inventive Dussard turns to the zaniest crew of olive pickers ever recruited - four mischievous monkeys! As former members of an Air Force space team, these intelligent chimps quickly pick up on their new responsibilities - but prove to have a turbulent effect on the local townspeople.
- Maurice Chevalier as Father Sylvain
- Dean Jones as Hank Dussard
- Yvette Mimieux as Maria Riserau
- Bernard Woringer as Marcel Cartucci
- Clément Harari as Emile Paurilis
- The pig head ornament is referenced back in the film 12 Monkeys, at the environmentalist's headquarters.
- This is the first film produced by Walt Disney Productions after its founder death.