Minimus is a flying pony, who appears in the Disney Junior animated series Sofia the First, voiced by Eric Stonestreet. He lives in the stables of Royal Prep, though he stayed in Enchancia for the holidays, and is ridden by Princess Sofia.
Minimus first met Sofia when she decided to try out for the Derby Team. He was the last horse left available and was surprised to find that Sofia could understand him, courtesy of the Amulet of Avalor. Though he tried to discourage Sofia from choosing him since he was smaller and slower than the other winged horses, but Sofia told him he was perfect the way he was.
Sofia and Minimus soon became quite a team as well as good friends, and despite being extremely nervous and doubtful of himself, he always manages to prove himself wrong and accomplish anything, like when they won the Try-Out race and earned a spot on the team.
In "Minimus is Missing", Sofia put Minimus at the same level as Clover, saying, "anything for you, Minimus," similar to her saying to Clover, "anything for my blue ribbon bunny."
Minimus, in every sense, is a worrywort and lacks confidence. He also has a bit of self-esteem issues. On countless occasions he is doubting his capabilities. He tried convincing Sofia to choose another horse as her racing partner. But while Minimus doubts himself, the true talent within him overpowers the doubt.
While being Sofia's partner, Minimus is steadily growing bolder and gaining confidence in himself. However, like Sofia, he is still very withdrawn and avoids confrontation. But when it came to Hugo quitting on the Derby Team just hours before the championship race in "The Flying Crown", Minimus becomes enraged and wishes to speak human, so he would give him a talking-to.
Minimus is loyal to Sofia. In fact he loves her as much as Clover does. He's willing to do anything to make her happy. From saving Clover to trying out new Derby Team plays.
- Minimus' name is like a combination of Mini and Pegasus, referring to him being a small winged horse.
- Minimus is also Latin for "smallest".
- Despite being called a horse, Minimus looks more like a pony. However, Hugo referred to Minimus as a pony when he said, "When you're done, James, can you help my sister get on her pony?"
- He could be a reference to Tangled's Maximus, since they are opposite names.
- Though as mentioned before, it's likely just a size thing.
- Minimus, however, has vocal talent and cowardice larger than him.
- In the episode "The Flying Crown", he mentioned that he is rumored to be from a line of flying donkeys when he was trying to smooth-talk Hugo's horse Electra. If Minimus is telling the truth, then at least one of his relatives is a mule.
- Minimus is a smooth-talker in general, once trying to woo a unicorn, as revealed in "Carol of the Arrow".