When Sofia decides to try out for the Derby Team, Minimus is the last horse left available. He is surprised to find Sofia can understand him, courtesy of the Amulet of Avalor, though he tries to discourage Sofia from choosing him since he's smaller and slower than the other winged horses, but Sofia tells him he's perfect the way he is.
With James coaching, Sofia and Minimus train together for the Try-Out Race but no matter how hard he tries, Minimus can't fly up through the steeple that is the last obstacle for the race.
But when the race finally comes, despite a rough moment when Prince Hugo makes Sofia fall off Minimus, with Sofia's resolve and encouragement, Minimus finally makes it through the steeple, and together they, along with James and his horse, win the race, earning them a spot on the Team.
He appears again in "The Shy Princess", modelling for the students as they paint.
He plays a bigger role in "Finding Clover", where he helps Sofia, along with Robin, Mia and Crackle to find Clover. He also shows a little fear of Crackle's fire-breathing until it helps save the day.
He appears in, "Holiday in Enchancia" when Sofia brings him home to spend the holidays with her. Later, he pulls the flying sleigh when the family goes looking for Roland. He is last seen singing at full blast with the other animals after the family is reunited.
- "Just One of the Princes"
- "The Shy Princess"
- "Finding Clover"
- "Princess Butterfly"
- "Holiday in Enchancia"
- Minimus' name is like a combination of Mini and Pegasus, referring to him being a small winged horse.
- Minimus is also Latin for "smallest".
- Despite being called a horse, Minimus looks more like a pony.
- He could be a reference to Tangled's Maximus, since they are opposite names.
- Though as mentioned before, it's likely just a size thing.
- Minimus, however, has vocal talent and cowardice larger than him.