Milton Erwin Kahl (March 22, 1909, in San Francisco, California, USA – April 19, 1987, in Mill Valley, California, USA, of pneumonia) was an animator for the Disney studio, and one of Disney's Nine Old Men.
Kahl is often considered the finest draughtsman of the Disney animators. He would often refine the characters sketches from Bill Peet with the ideas of Ken Anderson. For many years the final look for the characters in the Disney films were designed by Kahl, in his angular style inspired by Ronald Searle and Picasso. He is revered by contemporary masters of the form, such as Andreas Deja, and Brad Bird, who was his protégé at Disney in the 60's. In the behind-the-scenes feature "Fine Food and Film" shown on the Ratatouille DVD, Bird referred to Kahl as "tough", but in a gentle way, as he often gave Bird advice on where he could improve in animation whenever he came up short.
In the book The Animator's Survival Kit the author Richard Williams makes repeated reference and anecdotes relating to Kahl. The centenary of Kahl's birth is being honoured by the Academy on April 27, 2009, with a tribute entitled "Milt Kahl: The Animation Michelangelo" and featuring Brad Bird as a panelist.
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: Forest Animals, The Prince, the dwarfs dancing with Snow White
- Pinocchio: Pinocchio, Pinocchio as a real boy
- Bambi: Adult Bambi, Adult Flower, Adult Thumper
- Saludos Amigos: Donald rides a Llama sequence
- Song of the South: The Tar Baby sequence
- Melody Time: Johnny Apple Seed, Johnny's Guardian Angel, Slue Foot Sue
- The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad: MacBadger, Brom Bones
- Cinderella: Fairy Godmother, The King, The Grand Duke, Prince Charming
- Alice in Wonderland: Alice in croquet party, Dodo
- Peter Pan: Peter Pan
- Lady and the Tramp: Tramp, Lady
- Sleeping Beauty: Prince Philip, King Hubert (his scene with Philip)
- One Hundred and One Dalmatians: Roger and Anita
- The Sword in the Stone: Sir Ector, Sir Kay, Madam Mim, Merlin
- The Jungle Book: Shere Khan, Kaa, Mowgil, Bagheera, King Louie, Vulture, Rocky
- The Aristocats: O'Malley the Alley Cat, Edgar, George
- Robin Hood: The Sheriff of Nottingham, Allan-a-Dale (the rooster)
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: Tigger
- The Rescuers: Madame Medusa (who was based on his ex-wife!) and Mr. Snoops