"Axlerod is a former oil baron who has sold off his fortune, converted himself into an electric vehicle and has devoted his life to finding the renewable, clean-burning energy source of the future—ultimately discovering what he believes is the fuel everyone should be using. Axlerod is also the car behind the World Grand Prix, a three-country race he created that attracts the world’s top athletes—but it’s really an excuse to show off his new wonder-fuel, Allinol."
Charming as he seems, Miles is a villain. He is ruthless, greedy, deceptive and very manipulative. Miles is also clearly a smart thinker, as he had thought the entire plan to get rid of Allinol through, as he set everything up to make him look like an innocent car. At the end, he was proven to be the villain.
Though at first Professor Zündapp appears to be the main villain, it is revealed near the end of the film by Mater that Axlerod is actually the mastermind of the whole plan. His supposed "alternative fuel" was actually gasoline engineered to explode if hit with an electromagnetic pulse, and was part of a plot to turn the world against alternative energy and have them rely on gasoline, bringing profits to the lemons and himself due to the fact that they own the largest untapped oil reserves in the world. At a party promoting the World Grand Prix, he leaked oil on the floor, proving that he wasn't an electric car; he blamed it on Mater.
Eventually, Axlerod arranges for Zündapp and the lemon cars to plant a bomb on Mater's air filter as a backup plan to kill Lightning McQueen. Mater later discovers the story about the conspiracy after helping Finn McMissile and Holley Shiftwell arrest Zündapp and the lemon cars, and confronts Axlerod for it, and his suspicions are confirmed when he forces Axlerod into deactivating the bomb with a voice command in order to keep the bomb from killing himself since he would have been caught in the blast. To proceed further, Mater opens Axlerod's hood, revealing the same engine (a Rover V8) as the unseen mastermind depicted in the photo, which Finn and Holley obtained from their American counterpart earlier, proving to be a perfect match. It is not told what happened to Axlerod after having his plot exposed, but it can be implied that in the end of the movie, he gets arrested on the charges of conspiracy to commit crime, murder and embezzlement, since he is last seen being surrounded by several police cars and sent to jail with Zündapp and the other lemons for good.
- His design resembles an extremely modified version of a Range Rover L322.
- His license plate is ALT NRG, an abbreviation of "alternative energy." However, before his "electric conversion" (ultimately a lie), he does not appear to have a license plate at all.
- Miles' tires' texture repeats a leaf-shaped motif.
- If people look closely at his front wheels, they can see the words "REGEN R8," meaning "Regenerate."
- Miles uses a lot of parts made by "British Wheeland" to keep himself going. "British Wheeland" is a parody of British Leyland, which produced both the Range Rover and the notoriously unstable V-8 engine that powered them. Even the logo was a parody of British Leyland's, using a big bold printed W instead of the big bold printed L. Mater states truthfully that B.L. made parts that won't fit on other cars because of them not using standardized bolts.
- The jungle Miles gets lost in before he converts to an electric vehicle is the jungle from Up.
- The DVD commentary for Cars 2 states that the climax where Mater confronts Axlerod at Buckingham Palace over the plot to sabotage the World Grand Prix came rather early in production, so the Pixar team went backwards from there to make Axlerod the ultimate good guy and someone else the bad guy, so that when it got up to the climax, everyone could see how brilliant Mater was in figuring out the whole thing when despite coming off as foolish.
- Before coming up with Axlerod, Pixar had considered a Russian super car as the main villain.
- Axlerod's name apparently originated from an old joke his voice actor Eddie Izzard actually once told concerning the invention of the wheel and axle.
- Along with Grem, Acer, Professor Z and Victor Hugo, Axlerod is playable in Cars 2: The Video Game, even though they are villains. However, it could be that the tracks are actually part of the simulation, so it's possible that they are part of it as well.
- Axelrod's personality is very similar to that of Waternoose (one of the main antagonists from Monsters, Inc.): both are portrayed as evil businessmen who are originally introduced as being friendly, both rely on deception as part of their motivations, and both are ultimately defeated by being exposed by the heroes as villains and being subsequently arrested.
- His personality is very similar to Clayton, the main villain from Tarzan: both are portrayed as evil businessmen who are originally introduced as being friendly, both rely on deception as part of their movitations. Both come from United Kingdom, who are money-hungry. Cause they are the villains who weren't revealed to be bad at first, of course they didn't seem to be very evil. Ironically Miles have hatred to Mater, whilst Clayton was very friendly to Tarzan until Kerchak harassed to Clayton, once Clayton turned to be evil, to have a plot to capture gorillas.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Pixar Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with Disney Wiki, the text of the Pixar Wiki is available under the CC-BY-SA license.|
|Shorts and Comics|
The Evil Queen | Raven | Vultures | Honest John and Gideon | Stromboli | The Coachman | The Coachman's Goons | Lampwick | Monstro | Tyrannosaurus Rex | Chernabog | Ringmaster | Ronno | Man | Aconcagua | The Toy Bull | Wolf | Tetti-Tatti | Lumpjaw | Willie the Giant | Rustlers | Mr. Winkie | The Headless Horseman | Brom Bones | Drizella Tremaine | Lady Tremaine | Anastasia Tremaine | Lucifer | Queen of Hearts | Captain Hook | The Dogcatcher | Si and Am | The Rat | Maleficent | Cruella De Vil | Jasper and Horace | Madam Mim | Kaa | Shere Khan | Edgar Balthazar | Prince John | Sheriff of Nottingham | The Bees | Heffalumps | Woozles | Madame Medusa | Amos Slade | The Bear | Horned King | Ratigan | Bill Sykes | Roscoe and DeSoto | Ursula | Percival McLeach | Gaston | Jafar | Scar | Governor Ratcliffe | Claude Frollo | Hades | Shan Yu | Clayton | Jack-in-the-Box | Snooty Flamingos | The Firebird | Carnotaurus | Kron | Yzma | Lyle Tiberius Rourke | Captain Gantu | John Silver | Scroop | Alameda Slim | Foxy Loxy | DOR-15 | Dr. Calico | Doctor Facilier | Mother Gothel | The Backson | King Candy | Cy-Bugs | Hans | The Duke of Weselton | Yokai
Sid Phillips | Scud | Hopper | Thumper | Stinky Pete | Al McWhiggin | Emperor Zurg | Randall Boggs | Henry J. Waternoose III | Darla Sherman | Syndrome | Gilbert Huph | Mirage | Chick Hicks | Chef Skinner | AUTO | Charles F. Muntz | Lots-o'-Huggin' Bear | Miles Axlerod | Professor Z | J. Curby Gremlin | Tubbs Pacer | Vladimir Trunkov | Victor Hugo | Ivan | Grem | Acer | Tony Trihull | Mor'du | Johnny Worthington III | Roar Omega Roar | Jangles the Clown | Thunderclap | Bubbha
|Other Animated Movies|
Br'er Fox | Br'er Bear | The Giant Magnet | Merlock the Magician | Oogie Boogie | Sa'Luk | Zira | Bradley Uppercrust III | Morgana | Sarousch | Buster | Edgar Vulgud | Ashtin Carnaby | Erik Hellstrom | Dr. Phillium Benedict | Lil' Lightning | Dr. Ivan Krank | Vidia | Ebenezer Scrooge | Supervisor | Heinz Doofenshmirtz (2nd Dimension) | Perry the Platypus (2nd Dimension) | Norm Bots | Ripslinger | Ned and Zed | Cad Spinner | Nyx
Barnaby | Alonzo Hawk |John Slade | Master Control Program (MCP) | Dr. Louis Faraday | Nome King | Mr. Dark | Judge Doom | John Ricketts | Winifred Sanderson | Mary Sanderson | Sarah Sanderson | Cardinal Richelieu | Carl Quigley | William Boone | Gilbert Sipes | Rhino | Aunt Spiker | Aunt Sponge | Long John Silver | Norman Snively | Lyle Van de Groot | Luanne LeSeur | Meredith Blake | Dr. Elliot Coleye |Andrei Strasser | Dr. Claw | Toy Santa | Reed Thimple | Hector Barbossa | Pintel and Ragetti | Ramsley | Lord Kelvin | Ian Howe | Gwen Grayson | The White Witch | Captain Bill Fawcett | Selkirk Tander | Dr. Kozak | Grim and Denning | Mitch Wilkinson | Davy Jones | Cutler Beckett | Jack Frost | Queen Narissa | Dr. Simon Bar Sinister | Jean George | Miraz | Dr. Finkle | Stan Cruge | The Red Queen | Knave of Hearts | Nizam | Morgana le Fay | Maxim Horvath | CLU 2.0 | Blackbeard | Warwick | Halloween Hound | Tex Richman | Ubasti | Dr. Phillip Wellington | Sab Than | Matai Shang | Evanora the Wicked Witch of the East | Theodora the Wicked Witch of the West | Drex | Latham Cole | Butch Cavendish | Constantine | Dominic Badguy | Celia Rodriguez | The Witch | The Giant | David Nix
|Marvel Movie and TV Villains|
Abomination | Whiplash | Red Skull | Loki Laufeyson | Chitauri | Thanos | Aldrich Killian | Ian Quinn | Malekith | Deathlok (Michael Peterson) | Bucky Barnes | Alexander Pierce | Deathlok (John Garrett) | Kree | Ronan the Accuser | Nebula | Daniel Whitehall | Calvin Zabo | Jiaying | Ultron | Kingpin | Darren Cross
Crocosaurus | Brat | Flizard | Duke Igthorn | Toadwart | Ogres | Lady Bane | Evelyn and Emmadrille | Trolls | Troggles | Carpies | Airiels | Spinster | Floogel | Slugger | Hunter | Malsinger | Angelo Davini | Lord Willoughby | Flint Shrubwood | Zorlock and Grot | Marquis de Bouillabaisse | Marzipan | Dreaded One | Mysterious Knight | Stan Woozle and Heff Heffalump | Crows | Bugs | Nasty Jack | Nasty Jack's Gang | Wooster | Crud | Smudge | The Toy Villains | Birdzilla | Fat Cat | Fat Cat's Gang | Maltese de Sade | Le Sewer and Ratatouille | Professor Norton Nimnul | Robot Dogs | Normie Nimnul | Aldrin Klordane | Percy | Juice-Lee | Billy the Squid | Sewernose de Bergerac | Banshee | Rat Capone | Arnold Mousenegger and Sugar Ray Lizard | Spy Rats | The Greatest Spy in the World | Captain Finn | All Hands and Mr. Starfish | Lahwhinie | El Emenopio | Winifred | Bud | Lou | Mrs. Sweeney | Todd | Jack and Nickels | Erol | Muscles | Baby Thaddeus | Monrovia and Pomona | Kismet | Mr. Dumpty | Nog | Cruiser and Bruiser | Dr. Piltdown | Bubbles | Irwina Allen | Quigley and Abba-Dabba | Lord Howie | Su Lin | Heinrich Von Sugarbottom | Wexter | Ratso Ratzkiwatzki | Moose and Rocco | Zsa Zsa Labrador | Don Karnage | Taurus Bulba | Negaduck | Megavolt | Quackerjack | Bushroot | Liquidator | F.O.W.L. | Steelbeak | Professor Moliarty | Tuskernini | Ammonia Pine | Lilliput Gooney | Jambalaya Jake | Gumbo | Splatter Phoenix | The Collector | Al Vermin | Abis Mal | Mozenrath | Mirage | David Xanatos | Demona | Puck | Quint | Lord Dragaunus | Wraith | Baron Blitz | Technor | Chopper Daddy | The Birthday Bandit | Madame Snake | Mr. Large | Helius Inflato | Dehydro | Mr. Vague | Dr. Drakken | Shego | Señor Senior, Senior | Señor Senior, Junior | Monkey Fist | Duff Killigan | Professor Dementor | Huntsman | The Huntsclan | The Dark Dragon | Eli Excelsior Pandarus | Herbert the Goblin | Lord Cedric | Prince Phobos | Elyon Brown | Miranda | Dr. Scorpius | Heinz Doofenshmirtz | Mitch | Aloyse von Roddenstein | Brad Buttowski | Li'l Gideon | Bill Cipher | Lord Hater | Lord Dominator | Hildy Gloom | Grim Gloom | Ludo | Toffee | Rippen
The Wizard | Dracula Duck | Manco Capquack | Giant Moon Rat | Snow Monster | Keelhaul Pete | Jester Hole | Fire Bug | Red and Blue Skeletons | Red and Green Rumbler | Bizarrah | Bernadette the Bird | Dr. Habbitrale | Chopsuey | The Ghost | Nasira | Arachnid | Evil Sultan | Atticus Thorn | Organization XIII | Xion | Vanitas | Ansem, Seeker of Darkness | Xemnas | Master Xehanort | Young Xehanort | Heartless | Nobodies | Unversed | Dream Eater | Jolly Roger | HEX | Bots | Abraxas | The Shadow Blot | Blotlings | Seers | Spatters | Dropwings | Sweepers | Spladooshes | Slobbers | Bloticles | Blotling Shadow Blot | Beetleworx | Blotworx | Animatronic Captain Hook | Cranky | Sez | Mizrabel | Zara