"Mickey and the Seal" is a color Mickey Mouse animated short. It was released in 1948.
While Mickey visits a zoo, a little seal stows away in his picnic basket and travels to his house with him. Pluto discovers the creature, but Mickey can't understand what his dog is trying to tell him and eventually kicks him out of the house for making a mess. Later, Mickey unknowingly shares his bathtub with the seal for a baffling bath. Once Mickey finally discovers the creature, he and Pluto take him back to the zoo, but the seal and all his seal friends beat them back to their house to take over Mickey's bathroom.
- "Mickey and the Seal" was nominated for an Academy Award in the category of Animated Short Subject.
- In 2002, this short appeared as part of the "King Larry Swings In" episode of House of Mouse.
- Mickey and the Seal would be one of the shorts included in the Have a Laugh! program's abridged shorts series.
- According to The Spirit of Mickey, this is one of Ludwig Von Drake's favorite Mickey cartoons.
- This short was re-released theatrically twice; first in 1989 on the same bill as Cheetah, then in 1990 on the same bill as a re-issue of The Jungle Book.
- Disneyland, episode #3.11: "At Home with Donald Duck"
- Good Morning, Mickey, episode #43
- Like Father, Like Son
- Mickey's Mouse Tracks, episode #45
- Donald's Quack Attack, episode #36
- House of Mouse, episode #2.9: "King Larry Swings In"
- Have a Laugh!, episode #7
- Walt Disney Cartoon Classics: Disney's Best of 1931-1948
- Walt Disney Cartoon Classics: Special Edition
- The Spirit of Mickey
- Walt Disney Treasures: Mickey Mouse in Living Color, Volume 2
- Walt Disney's Funny Factory - Volume 1: With Mickey
- Have a Laugh!: Volume 1