Mickey's Toontown Fair (now Storybook Circus) initially opened as Mickey's Birthdayland on June 18, 1988. It became Mickey's Starland on May 26, 1990, and was briefly renamed Mickey's Toyland in late 1995. The land was closed in early 1996 for an extensive refurbishment, and on October 1, 1996, it reopened as Mickey's Toontown Fair for the park's 25th anniversary. Its storyline portrayed the land as the holiday home for the characters who reside at Mickey's Toontown in California.
Mickey's Toontown Fair was closed on February 11, 2011 in order to build the "New Fantasyland" expansion. Some elements of Mickey's Toontown Fair have been demolished and others have been re-themed to a new Storybook Circus area. The Dumbo the Flying Elephant ride was removed from Fantasyland and rebuilt in Storybook Circus, the new version doubling the capacity of the old ride and incorporating an interactive queue. The Barnstormer at Goofy's Wiseacre Farm has been re-themed to The Barnstormer featuring Goofy as the Great Goofini. The first half of Storybook Circus opened on March 12, 2012, which included the newly themed "The Great Goofini", the Storybook Circus train station which was completely rebuilt and also one half of the new Dumbo ride. The second phase of Storybook Circus, including the second half of Dumbo, the indoor queue area, and the Casey Jr Splash 'n' Soak Station opened on July 2012.
Former attractions and entertainment
- The Barnstormer (replaced by The Great Goofini)
- Donald's Boat (replaced by queue for The Great Goofini)
- Judge's Tent (replaced by a fast-pass area and sitting area)
- Mickey's Country House (replaced by Casey Jr. Splash 'n' Soak Station)
- Minnie's House (replaced by a pathway from Storybook Circus to Fantasy Forest)
- Pixie Hollow (replaced by Pete's Silly Sideshow)
- Toontown Hall of Fame (replaced by Pete's Silly Sideshow)
- Cornelius Coot's County Bounty
- Mickey's Toontown Fair Souvenirs
- Toontown Farmer's Market
- ↑ Mickey's Toontown Fair Train Station at Yesterland. Yesterland.com. Retrieved on September 6, 2013.