Mickey's Speedway USA is a Disney racing game for the Nintendo 64 and Game Boy Color, developed by Rareware and published by Nintendo. The Game Boy Color version of this game is a sequel to Mickey's Racing Adventure (which was released in 1999 for the Game Boy Color only). It is styled after other kart racers such as the Mario Kart series, and Diddy Kong Racing, which was also made by Rareware.
Mickey's Speedway USA includes a Grand Prix mode, as well as multiplayer racing and battle modes. The game features six initial characters, with a further four being unlockable. The default characters are paired in likeness, and each pair is given the same statistics, such as Donald and Mickey having average statistics, or Pete and Goofy having a concentration in speed.
Mickey Mouse's dog, Pluto, is kidnapped by the Weasels for his "diamond" collar (later found out to be fake). As one of the drivers, including Disney characters such as Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy and Pete, the player races on tracks in the United States, based on locations such as New York, Alaska, Los Angeles, and Seattle, to find the Weasels and save Pluto.
- Huey (requires a Game Boy Color copy of the game with at least one gold trophy to unlock.)
- Ludwig Von Drake
- Traffic Troubles: Indianapolis, San Francisco, New Mexico, Grand Canyon
- Motor Way Mania: Los Angeles, Alaska, Las Vegas, Philadelphia
- Freewayphobia: Dakota, Seattle, New York, Chicago
- Victory Vehicles: Yellowstone, Washington, D.C., Everglades, Malibu
- Frantic Finale: Hawaii, Oregon, Texas, Colorado
- Multiplayer Contest: Dockyard, White House, Arena, Steamboat
- Time Trial only: New Orleans
Game Boy Color version
- Traffic Troubles: Los Angeles, Grand Canyon, Yosemite, San Francisco
- Motor Way Mania: Seattle, Montana, Yellowstone, Utah
- Freewayphobia: Milwaukee, Colorado, Nebraska, Texas
- Victory Vehicles: Gulf Coast, Louisiana, Indianapolis, Boston
- Frantic Finale: Smoky Mountains, Florida Everglades, Daytona Beach, Washington, D.C.
Mickey's Speedway USA's average score on Metacritic is 71/100%. IGN gave Mickey's Speedway USA 6.8 out of 10.
The game's only award (as evident in volume 144 of Nintendo Power) is a Nintendo Power Award for 2000's Best Video Game based on a Cartoon, with Scooby Doo! Classic Creep Capers and Tom and Jerry in Fists of Furry as the two runner-ups.
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The article or pieces of the original article was at Mickey's Speedway USA. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Disney Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|