Mickey's Polo Team was released in 1936.
The Mickey Mousers take on the Movie Stars in a manic polo tournament.
Team: Mickey Mousers
Team: Movie Stars
- The Three Little Pigs
- Fifi the Peke
- Clarabelle Cow
- Wise Little Hen
- The Flying Mouse
- The Flying Mouse's Mother
- Peter Penguin
- Polly Penguin
- Max Hare
- King Midas
- Dirty Bill
- Cock Robin
- Jenny Wren
- Legs Sparrow
- The Easter Rabbits
- Charles Laughton
- Clark Gable
- Eddie Cantor
- Edna May Oliver
- Greta Garbo
- Harold Lloyd
- Shirley Temple
- WC Fields
- Tanglefoot, Mickey's horse from the Mickey Mouse comic strip, appears on the poster for this short, despite that he does not actually appear in the film itself.
- This is one of six cartoons that plays at the Main Street Cinema at Disneyland, albeit without sound or color (like a silent movie).
- Donald Duck is the only speaking character who only says "polo" all the time.
- Will Rogers was originally going to be one of the celebrities on the polo team, but he tragically died in a plane crash, and was replaced by Charlie Chaplin.
- Notice how most of the horses the celebrities ride are also caricatures of themselves.
- The Mickey Mouse Club, December 28, 1956
- Mickey's Mouse Tracks, episode #16
- Donald's Quack Attack, episode #68
- Walt Disney Cartoon Classics: Limited Gold Editions: Life with Mickey
- Walt Disney Treasures: Mickey Mouse in Living Color
- Walt Disney's Classic Cartoon Favorites: Extreme Sports Fun
Have a Laugh! changes
The following scenes were deleted from the short release due to time constraints:
- The scoreboard showing the two teams playing each other.
- Goofy's arrival.
- The Big Bad Wolf and Donald Duck's arrivals are shortened.
- The celebrities in the audience cheering the arrival of the Movie Stars.
- Max Hare and Edna May Oliver seated together.
- Clarabelle Cow and Clark Gable seated together.
- The Big Bad Wolf pulling ahead of the players and hitting the ball a few times.
- Laurel trying to put Hardy in his saddle is shortened.
- The entire second half of Laurel getting Hardy on his horse and Hardy trying to get his horse to move.
- The Wolf's mallet breaking, so he uses his windy breath to hit the ball, followed by him blowing the Three Little Pigs and Shirley Temple over when they razz him.
- Donald and Harpo Marx getting into a fight.
- Donald teeing up the ball to hit, only for it to get hit away, followed by him struggling to make his donkey move.
- The ball landing on Donald's exposed tail like a tee, and him getting trampled by the other players' horses, resulting him getting covered in horseshoes.
- Donald having accidentally swallowed the ball, he gets whacked by the Wolf into Harpo's ostriches tailfeathers, followed by Harpo using the ostrich's head to knock Donald off.
- Donald burrowing underground and up through a pole to avoid getting hit again.