Memento Mori is a shop located in Liberty Square at the Magic Kingdom, much of its merchandise and theme is to the Haunted Mansion. Its (possibly former) owner and operator seems to be Madame Leota, judging by the constant references to her and psychic relics scattered through the shop, according to Steven Miller, the Merchandise and Communications manager of the park, Memento Mori was once Madame Leota's abode, with her many belongings still in the shop as well as a portrait of her. Memento Mori also introduced a new line of Haunted Mansion merchandise.
On September 2014, Disney confirmed Yankee Trader would close in place of a new Haunted Mansion-themed store for a new wave of merchandise. Memento Mori opened on October 6th, 2014 and replaced the Yankee Trader.
For starters, the cast members here dress slightly different than the butlers and maids positioned at the Haunted Mansion. The most notable feature is the slightly brighter color scheme, and the tie being worn has a button resembling Madame Leota's tombstone outside The Haunted Mansion. Multiple paranormal occurrences take place inside the shop:
- A portrait of Madame Leota changes under an ultraviolet light, with eyes glowing in the background.
- "Bottled Spirits" are seen on higher shelves.
- A mirror where the apparition of Madame Leota materializes, accompanied by music, then vanishing after a few seconds.
- Some cast members seem to disregard the paranormal happenings and seem to only take attention to the bottled spirits. Asking about anything else will most likely give the response "I don't know what you're talking about." As if nothing happened.
There is a "Spirit Photography" booth in which guests get their picture taken, and have it modified to look like one of the photographs hung in the Haunted Mansion's corridor of doors, giving them a winking eye, coloring their skin blue, and giving them skeletal teeth.
- The phrase Memento Mori is Latin for "remember that you will die".