While trying to catch a fire-breathing experiment, Lilo falls into a puddle of mud in front of Keoni. To erase her embarrassment, she tries to use Jumba's time-traveling invention. Each time she tries to change the past, it creates a progressively worse future. Finally, Lilo realizes that she must live events as they were meant to occur and repeats her embarrassing fall. However, Keoni later shows up to cheer her up.
- Moral: Don't dwell on the past; learn from your mistakes so you can do better in the future.
- Melty greatly resembles Mushu from Mulan in appearance, color, and that they are both dragons. However, unlike Melty, Mushu lacks wings and cannot fly.
- This episode marks Nani's first day working at the hotel, instead of her usual job at the Rental Hut.
- Jumba is revealed to have a time-traveling surfboard.
- The elderly golfer bears a great resemblance to Archimedes Q. Porter from Tarzan.
- In the timeline where Melty melted the Pelekai residence before Nani lost her job again due to Gantu's intrusion, she revealed that she didn't trust Pleakley with her savings, which is quite reasonable since he carelessly spent 28 credit cards that weren't legally his in a previous episode.
- In the original timeline, Reuben let Gantu sleep and didn't bother to notify him of Melty's activation. However, in an alternate timeline, when Gantu was awoken by a loud thud, Reuben informed him about Melty, prompting Gantu to go find him. In the final timeline, when Gantu woke up on his own, Reuben instead revealed that he lasered Gantu's patookie, causing him to retaliate by doing the same thing to Reuben.