McDonald's, often abbreviated as Mickey D's, is the world's largest chain of hamburger fast-food restaurants. Although not owned by Disney, it has done several promotional tie-ins with Disney films and properties. The McDonald's Corporation was responsible for promoting the Pixar movies released between 1998 and 2006. This partnership began from 1987 to 1991, and then again from 1997 to 2006. However, Disney partnered with McDonald's in 1993 to promote the re-release of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
In 2018, it was announced that McDonald's will promote new Disney merchandise, as part of a move to provide healthier food to kids inside the Happy Meal. The partnership started in June with some of the first promotions including Incredibles 2 and Ralph Breaks the Internet.
- This list is incomplete.
List of Disney promotions
- Oliver & Company (1988)
- The Little Mermaid (1989)
- The Rescuers Down Under (1990)
- One Hundred and One Dalmatians (1991)
- Aladdin (1993)
- Epcot (1994)
- Disneyland Adventures (1994)
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1994)
- Spider-Man (1995)
- Walt Disney Masterpiece Collection (1996)
- Marvel Superheroes (1996)
- Hercules (1997)
- The Little Mermaid (1997)
- Sleeping Beauty (1997)
- The Jungle Book (1997)
- Hercules (1998)
- Peter Pan (1998)
- Animal Kingdom (1998)
- Mulan (1998)
- The Lion King II: Simba’s Pride (1998)
- A Bug's Life (1998)
- Recess (1998)
- Tarzan (1999)
- Inspector Gadget (1999)
- Toy Story 2 (1999)
- Dinosaur (2000)
- The Tigger Movie (2000)
- 102 Dalmatians (2000)
- Disney Video (2000)
- The Emperor's New Groove (2000)
- Buzz Lightyear of Star Command (2001)
- House of Mouse (2001)
- The Book of Pooh (2001)
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (2001)
- Monsters, Inc. (2001)
- Walt Disney World Celebrates 100 Years of Magic (2001)
- Beauty and the Beast (2002)
- Lilo & Stitch (2002)
- Treasure Planet (2002)
- The Jungle Book 2 (2003)
- Finding Nemo (2003)
- Kim Possible (2003)
- Brother Bear (2003)
- The Haunted Mansion (2003)
- ESPN Handheld games (2004)
- The Incredibles (2004)
- Pixar Pals (2005)
- Disneyland 50th Anniversary Celebration (2005)
- Chicken Little (2005)
- Cars (2006)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006)
- The Little Mermaid (2006)
- Incredibles 2 (2018)
- Ralph Breaks the Internet (2018)
McDonald's at Disney parks
McDonald's sponsored both the restaurant and the attraction (both located in DinoLand U.S.A. at Disney's Animal Kingdom) until 2008. A food shack called Trilo-Bites (originally called Petrifries) in the same area also sold McDonald's french fries until 2008.
McDonald's resturant in Disney Village
- Toy Story 2 is the only movie in the Toy Story series to be promoted by McDonald's during its theatrical release. The original Toy Story was promoted by Burger King while Toy Story 3 wasn't promoted by a restaurant.
- The Cars movie toys have variations, as there are clean and dirty versions of Lightning McQueen, and green, purple, and yellow versions of Ramone.
- In 2006, Bob Iger suspended Disney's promotional contracts with McDonalds, stating in interviews that he didn't want the company's image to be associated with the childhood obesity epidemic, with a smaller kids meal promotional contract with Subway being started instead, a decision that lasted until 2018. As a result, Disney animated films from Meet the Robinsons up to Moana and Pixar films from Ratatouille to Coco would not receive a McDonald's promotion.
- However, some of the toys for Ralph Breaks the Internet involves some characters from Wreck-It Ralph and the titular character from Moana.
- The Cars character Fillmore was originally going to be called "Waldmire," named after Bob Waldmire, a Route 66 resident whom the crew befriended during a road trip to do research for the film. However, Waldmire was an ethical vegetarian, and since Fillmore toys would be featured in Happy Meals at McDonald's, he did not allow his name to be used.
- The song "Three is a Magic Number" from Schoolhouse Rock! was used in a McDoanld's advert.
- The McDonald's Szechaun Sauce released to promote the movie Mulan has recently become a meme after being mentioned as a key plot point in the Adult Swim cartoon Rick and Morty.
- Main article: McDonald's Toys/Gallery
- ↑ Tribune, Chicago. "McDonald's future Near West Side neighbors air parking, traffic safety beefs". Retrieved on August 18, 2016.
- ↑ Hufford, Austen (June 14, 2016). "McDonald’s to Move Headquarters to Downtown Chicago". Retrieved on August 18, 2016.
- ↑ Promoting Nutrition, Disney to Restrict Junk-Food Ads
- ↑ Bob Waldmire: "An ethical vegetarian"
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The article or pieces of the original article was at McDonald's. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Disney Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|