McDonald's, often abbreviated as Mickey D's, is the world's largest chain of hamburger fast-food restaurants. Although not owned by Disney, it has done several promotional tie-ins with Disney films and properties. The McDonald's Corporation was responsible for promoting the Pixar movies released between 1998 and 2006. This partnership began from 1987 to 1991, and then again from 1997 to 2006. However, Disney partnered with McDonald's in 1993 to promote the re-release of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
In 2018, it was announced that McDonald's will promote new Disney merchandise, as part of a move to provide healthier food to kids inside the Happy Meal. The partnership will start in June with some of the first promotions including Incredibles 2 and Ralph Breaks the Internet.
- This list is incomplete.
List of Disney promotions
- Oliver & Company (1988)
- The Little Mermaid (1989)
- A Bug's Life (1998)
- Toy Story 2 (1999)
- Cars (2006)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008)
- Incredibles 2 (2018)
- Ralph Breaks the Internet (2018)
McDonald's at Disney parks
McDonald's resturant in Disney Village
- Toy Story 2 is the only movie in the Toy Story series to be promoted by McDonald's during its theatrical release. The original Toy Story was promoted by Burger King while Toy Story 3 wasn't promoted by a restaurant.
- The Cars movie toys have variations, as there are clean and dirty versions of Lightning McQueen, and green, purple, and yellow versions of Ramone.
- Toy Story, Ratatouille, WALL-E, Up, Toy Story 3, Cars 2, Brave, Monsters University, Inside Out, The Good Dinosaur, Finding Dory, Cars 3, and Coco are (so far) the Pixar movies not to be promoted by McDonald's.
- The Cars character Fillmore was originally going to be called "Waldmire," named after Bob Waldmire, a Route 66 resident whom the crew befriended during a road trip to do research for the film. However, Waldmire was an ethical vegetarian, and since Fillmore toys would be featured in Happy Meals at McDonald's, he did not allow his name to be used.
- The song "Three is a Magic Number" from Schoolhouse Rock! was used in a McDoanld's advert.
- The McDonald's Szechaun Sauce released to promote the movie Mulan has recently become a meme after being mentioned as a key plot point in the Adult Swim cartoon Rick and Morty.
- Main article: McDonald's Toys/Gallery
- ↑ Tribune, Chicago. "McDonald's future Near West Side neighbors air parking, traffic safety beefs".. Retrieved on August 18, 2016.
- ↑ Hufford, Austen (June 14, 2016). "McDonald’s to Move Headquarters to Downtown Chicago".. Retrieved on August 18, 2016.
- ↑ Bob Waldmire: "An ethical vegetarian"
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The article or pieces of the original article was at McDonald's. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Disney Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|