Mary Poppins Returns is the sequel to the film of the same name (Mary Poppins) and will be directed by Rob Marshall. John DeLuca and Marc Platt will serve as producers. Production for the film began on February 2017 and it will be released on December 25, 2018.
The film will take place 20 years after the first one, in Depression-era London. It will also take storylines from P.L. Travers' children books focusing on Mary Poppins’ continued adventures with the Banks family.
- Emily Blunt as Mary Poppins
- Lin-Manuel Miranda as Jack, a street lamplighter who shares similarities with Bert from the first movie.
- Meryl Streep as Topsy, Mary Poppins' cousin
- Ben Whishaw as Michael Banks
- Emily Mortimer as Jane Banks
- Pixie Davies as Annabel Banks
- Joel Dawson as Georgie Banks
- Nathanael Saleh as John Banks
- Julie Walters as Ellen, Michael's housekeeper.
- Colin Firth as William Weatherall Wilkins, president of Fidelity Fiduciary Bank.
- Angela Lansbury as Balloon Lady
- Dick Van Dyke as Mr. Dawes Jr.
- David Warner as Admiral Boom
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 http://deadline.com/2016/05/mary-poppins-returns-sequel-release-date-lin-manuel-miranda-emily-blunt-1201764956/
- ↑ Rob Marshall to Direct New Live-Action ‘Mary Poppins’ Movie for Disney
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Emily Blunt in Talks to Play Mary Poppins in Disney Sequel (EXCLUSIVE)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Colin Firth Joins Emily Blunt in ‘Mary Poppins’ Sequel (EXCLUSIVE)
- ↑ Emily Mortimer Cast in Disney’s ‘Mary Poppins Returns’
- ↑ Mary Poppins Returns: Exclusive First Look Photos
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 "PRODUCTION HAS BEGUN ON MARY POPPINS RETURNS!". Oh My Disney (Febuary 10, 2016).
- ↑ "Dick Van Dyke joins cast of Mary Poppins Returns". BBC (December 20, 2016).