Mark Beaks is one of the antagonists in the DuckTales reboot.
Beaks is the founder and CEO of Waddle, a tech company located in the neighborhood of Silverbeak. He is a tech industry billionaire, but doesn't care as much about money as he cares about status, being buzzworthy, and how many followers he has on social media.
Role in the series
Beaks made his debut in the Season 1 episode "The Infernal Internship of Mark Beaks!", where Huey and Dewey compete with each other for a coveted internship at Beaks' company, Waddle. Meanwhile, Scrooge and Glomgold decide to team up to take Beaks down as their new competitor. It is revealed that his big project was a fraud so he could be rich as a result of the hype and attention of the project. Later on, he is grabbed by Falcon Graves, who Beaks hired to "steal" the secrets of the project, who angrily attempts to toss him off the roof of the company headquarters upon realizing the project was a fraud, though Beaks survives.
- According to Frank Angones, co-producer of the DuckTales reboot, Beaks is an African grey parrot.
- Beaks carries several backup phones with him at all times, as seen in his debut.
- Despite his relatively neutral standing, Beaks can be seen among the villains in the show's opening theme.
- It's possible he may become more villainous in future episodes.
- ↑ "DuckTales exclusive: Meet the new faces of Duckburg!". Entertainment Weekly (June 8, 2017).
- ↑ Mark Beak's species