- “Welcome to the Marine Life Institute, where we believe in rescue, rehabilitation, and release.”
- ―Sigourney Weaver on PA
Areas on the Institute
- Seal Cove: This place is where Fluke and Rudder live on their own rock while they tell Gerald to stay away from their spot.
- Otter Bay: This place is home to wild sea otters, as its name suggests. Dory, Charlie, Jenny, Bailey, and Destiny encountered some otters and Bailey decides to use them as a plan to distract the passengers in order to stop the cars and the truck that contains Marlin, Nemo, and Dory inside.
- Pump House: The place where Dory and Hank passed through while trying to get to the Open Ocean Exhibit. However, Dory (who is still inside the coffee pot) falls into a bucket marked "Destiny" as she believes that it is fate until it is revealed that it is actually a feeding bucket for Destiny, a whale shark living in her enclosure.
- Quarantine Area: This is the area where fish that receive transport tags are shipped to permanent aquariums. It is where Dory first met Hank in this area as he tells her that the transport tag that Dory has means that she gets shipped to a permanent aquarium.
- Former Whale Shark and Beluga Whale Exhibits: These two exhibits are located within the Kelp Circle route. These exhibits are where Destiny and Bailey used to live in until they escape their exhibits by leaping out of their exhibits during the climax of the film.
- Salt Water Return: Seen only in the Institute map
- Maintenance Ward: Seen only in the Institute map.
- Neptune's Sound of the Deep: Seen only in the Institute map
- Rehab Pools: Seen only in the Institute map
- Journey to the Deep: Seen only in the Institute map.
- Jellyfish Jungle: A jellyfish exhibit, seen only in the Institute map.
- Otter View Point: This exhibit is home to sea otters and this is the place where talk shows occur.
- Gift Shop: This is the gift shop where Marlin and Nemo ended up in a tank with a wind-up toy fish that looks like Dory. Behind the gift shop is a tide pool exhibit.
- Tide Pool Exhibit: This is the exhibit where a clam did not have anyone to talk to for years until he encountered Marlin and Nemo who temporarily stayed there to talk with him.
- Kid Zone: This is the place that exhibits a touch pool. The touch pool exhibits several animals, such as starfish, sponges, and sea urchin. The animals inside the exhibit are usually the ones that get poked at or touched by children, harming them. When Dory and Hank arrive in this exhibit, Hank is suddenly touched by one of the children while trying to escape, spreading ink all over the touch pool and scaring away the children trying to touch the animals.
- Open Ocean This exhibit is where Dory was born. It is where Dory's parents Charlie and Jenny taught their daughter the song "Just Keep Swimming" and to stay away from the undertow, in which the underwater current can capture fish and lead them back to the ocean of Morro Bay. When Dory returned to this exhibit, she then realizes that her parents are not in this exhibit after they left her some shells. It is home to various species of fish, including a sunfish who tells Dory to be aware of her surroundings as well as two crabs (one male named Bill and one female).
Voice of the MLI Intercom
The voice of the MLI intercom contains dialogues that explicitly mention it is Sigourney Weaver as frequently mentioned in the film; however, in the international versions of Finding Dory, the voice contains dialogues that explicitly mention that it is someone else who mentions in more than one occasion of his or her own name. This is because the voice of this character (who never appears on screen) was localized for several countries (France, Germany, Japan, etc.) so that the voice of the MLI intercom was interpreted by various famous people. This localization is very similar to what happened in Cars 2, where the character Jeff Gorvette is replaced by regional characters. These voices that replace Sigourney Weaver and explicitly mention their own name include:
- Anne Dorval: Stage/film actress and singer; also voiced Dory in this dub (Canadian French dub)
- Rodolfo Neri Vela: Mexican astronaut who works for NASA (Mexico and Latin America)
- Marília Gabriela: journalist, actress, interviewer, and presenter (Brazil)
- Claire Chazal: journalist (France)
- Franziska van Almsick: World-class swimmer (Germany)
- Licia Colò: TV hostess and journalist (Italy)
- An Lemmens: Television and radio presenter (Netherlands)
- Cecilie Skog: Adventurer (Norway)
- Jonas Wahlström: Famous animal expert (Sweden)
- Krystyna Czubówna: Famous narrator of animal documentaries (Poland)
- Nikolay Drozdoz: Doctor of biological sciences (Russia)
- Aki Yashiro: Singer and painter (Japan)