Mal's Spell Book is a book of spells that appears in the Disney Channel movie Descendants, belonging to Maleficent's daughter, Mal. It used to belong to Maleficent before she past it onto her daughter when she and her friends were invited to attend Auradon Prep, at the request of King Beast and Queen Belle's son, Ben.
The book features a golden dragon crest on the front cover and the pages inside contain many spells and incantations. Mal later made "her own" by adding some green and purple paint around the dragon crest.
- A Spell for Better Hair: The spell for better hair can give people new or better hair, and is used quite often by Mal as many girls at Auradon Prep ask her for new hairdos. However, if cast incorrectly or cast by someone with less experience with magic, the spell can produce unpredictable results, give a person awful looking hair.
- The incantation: Beware, forswear, replace the old with new/cool hair!
- Love Spell Cookies: Enchanted cookies that can make a person fall in love. The basic ingredient requires one tear of human sadness. There is an antidote for the spell (which also requires a tear of sadness), but it can also be undone by immersion in enchanted water.
- Cupcake Spell: This spell can be used to give cupcakes a extreme delicious taste. But if the casting is interrupted it will create cupcakes that explode instead of cupcakes with an explosion of taste.
- The incantation: Make no haste, and turn____cupcakes into an explosion of taste!"
- Dog Spell: The spell doesn't actually turn people into physical dogs, but it does make people sound and behave like them. The incantation is in English, but the counter spell is pronounced in barking. Somehow, the spell does not affect Carlos.
- The incantation: B.I.T. and E, What does that spell? Bite, bite, bite! Speak no words will cause a fright, what's a bark without a bite!
- Counter incantation: Bark, woof, bark, bow wow, bark, grr!
- Temporal Reversal Spell: A spell that rewinds time, but only for fifteen minutes; additionally, it can only work if it is only for a few minutes past XX:00. As Mal would note, some people are immune to the spell.
- Incantation: Time stop, turn the clock back to the top
- Blonde Hair spell: A spell that turns the hair of whomever caster wishes blonde. Mal uses this to make herself look more like an Auradon princess.
- Activation Spell: A spell that can turn on stubborn electronics. According to Mal, her mother used this to get her microwave working; it can also turn on a boat.
- Incantation: Demon's breath and toad's tongue, turn this blasted thing on!
- Counter incantation:
- Cooking Spell: A spell that turns even a measly meal into a great feast.
- Counter Incantation: That this scrumptious feast, this tasty meal and return everything to what is real.
- Speed-reading Spell: A spell that allows the caster to read through a book magically fast and absorb the facts they need.
- Read it fast at lightning speed, remember everything I need.
- The actual book prop was on display at the Descendants Toy Fair alongside the Fairy Godmother's Magic Wand.
- In the short "Mal's Digi-Image Problem", the incantation for the hair spell can be used to cast other spells, such as when Mal vandalised her portrait of Audrey.
- At the end of Descendants 2, Mal gives the spell book to Fairy Godmother, so it can be safely locked away in the museum.
- Mal came up with own spell once: Demon heart and all things aberrant, bring me the sea king's missing trident.