Luigi is one of the tetartagonists in the Cars franchise.
Luigi is a resident of Radiator Springs, a huge fan of Ferrari Racing and the owner of Luigi's Casa Della Tires. His best friend is Guido the forklift. Like most of the town, he does not treat Lightning McQueen too kindly during his stay. However, this changes over time when Lightning grows close to the residents. At the Los Angeles International Speedway, Luigi shows up with the Radiator Springs folk to help Lightning during the race. At the end of the film, he is overjoyed when Ferrari racer Michael Schumacher shows up at his shop wanting tires.
Luigi plays a minor role in the sequel.
He is first seen greeting Lightning McQueen upon his return to Radiator Springs. He later joins McQueen, Guido, Mater, and Sarge for the World Grand Prix. It is shown that, during the second part of the competition that lands them in Porto Corsa, Luigi is fascinated by Ferrari cars and ends up dating one of them. He is also greeted by his family, who welcomes McQueen's pit crew from Radiator Springs to Luigi's hometown village.
Luigi appears along with the other residents of Radiator Springs in the short, Mater and the Ghostlight.
Luigi has a minor role in the series, appearing along with the other residents of Radiator Springs as background characters.
- A yellow car driving by the dentist's office window in Finding Nemo is a reference to Luigi. However, Finding Nemo was released three years before Cars.
- In the teaser for the film Luigi serves as the car waving the checkered flag in the race.
- Luigi is a 1959 Fiat 500.
- His license plate is 44.5-10.8, the latitude and longitude of the biggest Ferrari factory.
- Several cars of the same model appear when they visit Porto Corsa and Carsoli.
- Luigi, like Ramone, often refers to himself in third person.
- Luigi is the same nationality as Tony Shalhoub's past role of Antonio on Wings.
- In the Italian version of the first film, Luigi was voiced by comedian Marco Della Noce.
- He Shares The Same Name With the itiallian Plumber Luigi From Mario.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Pixar Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with Disney Wiki, the text of the Pixar Wiki is available under the CC-BY-SA license.|