Lothal is a planet in the Outer Rim Territories of the Star Wars universe. It appeared in Star Wars Rebels. By around 5 BBY, it was in a state of economic disrepair and invited the Galactic Empire on the promise of prosperity and security.
There were few options for young citizens on the planet, apart from being recruited to join the Stormtrooper Corps, Imperial pilot flight school, or having to work at the capital's Sienar Fleet Systems factory, building TIE starfighters. During the Imperial occupation of the world, a rebellion began to grow as the local inhabitants grew unsatisfied with the Empire's practices.
- Ezra's Tower: Use to be a communications tower until it was later abandoned and became the home of Ezra Bridger before joining the Rebellion.
- Imperial Academy: The Academy trains Cadets as Future Stormtroopers by Commandant Aresko and Taskmaster Grint.
- Capital City: A city on Lothal and the centre of all trade.
- Tarkintown: A small settlement unadvertised by the Empire. Named after Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin, and inhabited by farmers who lost their farmlands to the Empire and anyone who tried to fight back got arrested for treason. During the Siege of Lothal, Darth Vader ordered Tarkintown to be burned down, and take the local farmers living their into custody. All that remains now is burnt rubble.
- Lothal Jedi Temple: A Jedi Temple is hidden on Lothal; it is one of the few Jedi Temples that were not destroyed by the Galactic Empire in the Jedi Purge or the Galactic Civil War. The Empire, particularly the Inquisitors, are aware of the Lothal Jedi Temple's location, due to them having access to the Jedi archives from the Coruscant Jedi Temple.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Wookieepedia. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors).. As with Disney Wiki, the text of Wookieepedia is available under the CC-by-SA Free Documentation License.|