Little House on the Prairie, also known as Laura Ingalls Wilder's Little House on the Prairie, is a five-hour (six-episode) miniseries which was broadcast on ABC as part of The Wonderful World of Disney anthology series. It was made in 2004. It was directed by David L. Cunningham.
- Cameron Bancroft as Charles Ingalls
- Erin Cottrell as Caroline Ingalls
- Kyle Chavarria as Laura Ingalls
- Danielle Chuchran as Mary Ingalls
- Gregory Sporleder as Mr. Edwards
- Nathaniel Arcand as Kiowa Brave
- Allen Belcourt as Young Kiowa Warrior
- Byron Chief-Moon as Soldat Du Chene
- Melanie Corcoran as Independence prostitute
- James Cosmo as Mr. Scott
- Geoffrey Ewert as Townsman
- Richard Halliday as Shopkeeper
- Dorian Harewood as Dr. Tan
- Jimmy Herman as Osage
- Daniel Jeffery as Boy
- Tim Koetting as Major Callaghan
- Barbara Kozicki as Aunt Docie
- Griffin Powell-Arcand as Young Indian Boy
- Sammy Simon as Medicine-man
- Royal Sproule as Post employee
- Gina Stockdale as Mrs. Scott
The plot was based on the text from the Laura Ingalls Wilder's novels Little House in the Big Woods and Little House on the Prairie.
Differences from the books
There were several changes from the book when it was adapted
- According to the book the two horses were traded to the man in Iowa, while the adaptation tells that Pa shot one and traded the other for Pet and Patty.
- The meeting between Pa and Mr. Edwards was added to the adaptation.
- Mr. Scott was the one who helped Pa dig the well in the book, not Mr. Edwards.
- In the book, Mr. Edwards did chores for the Ingalls while Pa went to town, while Mrs. Scott attended the family while they were sick.
- The Indian war dance was changed heavily, to the settlers building the stockade, instead of just letting it go without a fight, as the book says
- The Ingalls see a wagon that is not moving filled with sick people at the end of the book, while the adaptation portrays this at the start.
The miniseries was released on DVD on March 28, 2006.
The miniseries began releasing on High Definition Blu-ray discs starting March 25, 2014.