In the film
She's first seen at the beginning of the film, in 1995 abandoning her child at the Sixth Street Orphanage. She looks at Lewis and gives him one last hug before a loud scraping noise alerted her and she left him at the front door of the orphanage, walking away into the distance. Having disappeared, no one has seen her since and only Lewis has a very faint but important memory.
It's unknown why she had given Lewis up for adoption. Mildred tells Lewis that she thinks Lewis's biological mother maybe didn't know how to take care of him. Since Lewis's biological mother appears to have been kind of young (almost too young to be a mother), Mildred's assumption may be true--Lewis's mom may have not felt ready to be a parent yet and wanted to give her son a better life.
Only a few brief glimpses of her face are seen in the beginning and toward the ending when Wilbur takes Lewis back to his time. It's assumed that she's a redhead with curly red hair in a bun hairstyle and her attire was a dark, grimy cloak with red pointy shoes and her attire in Lewis' drawing was a dress, a bow in her hair and some flats.
- Her true name is unknown.
- It's unknown if she had a spouse or if she was widowed, divorced, or single. Her youthful appearance suggests that she may have been no older than her early 20s.
- Information about her background is unknown.
- According to the DVD commentary of the film, her CG body model is the same as Franny's, just with a cloak.
- When Lewis asked his future self (Cornelius), if he had ever met her, he answered nervously that Lewis would have to find out for himself, possibly indicating that he did find her at some point before the events of the movie.
- Lewis (biological child, given up for adoption)
- Franny Robinson (daughter-in-law, future)
- Wilbur Robinson (biological grandson, future)