Leland Turbo is a minor character in Cars 2.
"Leland Turbo, British Intelligence. He and Finn McMissile go way, way back together in the world of espionage, and they even trained together in the academy as new recruits. They were partners early in their careers and owe each other their lives, getting one another out of though spots many, many times. Clearly, Leland is not one to run from danger. In fact, he thrives on it... but this time it may end up costing him more than he thinks."
He is seen in the beginning of the film in a room on one of the Lemons' oil rigs, sending Finn a video message that he has uncovered crucial information about their destructive camera device. Leland stops recording his video when he sees the shadows of Grem and Acer about to enter the room. Later, Grem shows Professor Z a compacted red metal cube, revealing (as Finn watches) that they have crushed the spy after discovering him.
- Leland is the second Cars character to have a known death, first being Stanley.
- Leland Turbo is the first car to be seen in Cars 2.
- He is the only car whose "corpse" has been seen after they have died.
- Leland's diecast reveals his license plate to be 63 TRBO. (63 is a likely reference to the year Jason Isaacs was born) and TRBO standing for his last name Turbo.
- His ruin is compacted into a cube similar to Wall-E's compacting or the trash compactor at Monsters, Inc.
- According to his official biography, Leland's model is the fictitious 1965 Runwell-Type SR. His design is influenced strongly by the early-1960s hardtop Jaguar E-Type and the Austin Healey roadsters from the same era.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Disney/Pixar (2011). Meet the Cars. Disney Press. pp. 144. ISBN 978-1423147770
- ↑ LelandTurbo.com