Lanky is a scarer at the Monsters Inc. company and is tenth of the Scarer's Leaderboard. He first appears as the scarers are walking out to their stations. Later, he is seen being interviewed by a news reporter about the incident at Harryhausen's, where he exaggerates the story by claiming Boo flew over him and blasted a car with "its laser vision." He appears to be a good friend of Pete "Claws" Ward.
Lanky's last scene is in Mike's play "Put That Thing Back Where It Came From Or So Help Me" as a frightened customer at Harryhausen's.
A younger, smaller Lanky appears as a background character in Monsters University. He first appears when Mike Wazowski arrives at campus. His picture can be seen on a Scare Card during the credits. It is also revealed in Monsters University that he graduated from Fear Tech and formerly worked at Fear Co.
- Although all the cast from Mike's play appear onstage for the final musical number, Lanky is mysteriously missing.
- Lanky's surname, Schmidt, could be a possible reference to Andrew Schmidt.
- According to his Scare Card, his main scaring technique is the "Twist and Shout" which is guaranteed to scare the braces off of any kid.
- His nickname is "Lanky" because he is tall and skinny.
- According to his Scare Card, he is 6'9" (205 cm), weighs 163 pounds (73 kg), and was born on July 9th in Creepsville.
- In the Latin American version of Monsters, Inc., he speaks with an Argentine accent during the scene where he is being interviewed about the incident at Harryhausen's.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Pixar Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with Disney Wiki, the text of the Pixar Wiki is available under the CC-BY-SA license.|