Lego toy lines based on Disney intellectual properties include Mickey Mouse, Toy Story, Cars, Pirates of the Caribbean, Marvel Super Heroes, Disney Princess, and perhaps most famously, Star Wars. Lego has produced Star Wars toys since 1999, thirteen years before Disney's acquisition of the franchise. Due to this, Star Wars Miniland attractions appear in several Legoland theme parks. The only other instance of Disney-owned intellectual property existing in a competitor's park is Marvel Super Hero Island at Universal's Islands of Adventure.
The LEGO Store
LEGO operates retail stores worldwide, with several locations at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts:
- Disney Springs, Walt Disney World Resort, Lake Buena Vista, Florida (opened October 6, 1997)
- Downtown Disney, Disneyland Resort, Anaheim, California (opened January 12, 2001)
- Disney Village, Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallée, France (opened February 28, 2014)
- Disneytown, Shanghai Disney Resort, Shanghai, China (opens June 16, 2016)
- In LEGO's The Lego Movie franchise, Chris Pratt voices Emmet Brickowski, Elizabeth Banks voices Wyldstyle, Alison Brie voices Unikitty, Charlie Day voices Benny, Will Ferrell voices Lord Business (aka President Business) and plays the Man Upstairs, Morgan Freeman voices Vitruvius, Keegan-Michael Key voices Foreman Jim, and Liam Neeson voices Good Cop and Bad Cop.
- The premise of The Lego Movie is similar to that of Toy Story.
- Bionicle: Mask of Light, Bionicle 2: Legends of Metru Nui and Bionicle 3: Web of Shadows are part of LEGO's Bionicle franchise.