- "Thinking of you, wherever you are.
- We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend.
- Now I will step forward to realize this wish.
- And who knows:
- starting a new journey may not be so hard,
- or maybe it has already begun.
- There are many worlds, but they share the same sky —
- one sky, one destiny."
On the 4th Day, after Roxas makes contact with Kairi's heart, she goes to the shore and releases a letter in a bottle into the surf. As it drifts away, she tells Selphie she wrote it to the boy she can't remember, telling him she'd find him one day.
After defeating Xemnas, Sora and Riku are stranded at the Dark Margin. While sitting on the shore, they find the bottle washed up on the shore. Riku takes out the letter, looks it over, and says to Sora, "I think it's for you." Sora reads the letter out loud, and the Door to Light appears before them. Sora stands up and offers a hand to Riku, who gets to his feet. They walk into the light and suddenly find themselves falling through the sky over Destiny Islands. They splash down into the water, and they are met at the shore by Kairi, along with Donald, Goofy, and Mickey.
- Strangely enough, if the player waits at the main menu screen of Kingdom Hearts long enough, a small cutscene starts playing in which this poem is shown in with "Simple and Clean"'s instrumental orchestral version playing as background music. The same poem is shown when one waits long enough at the main menu screen of Kingdom Hearts II, only this time, an orchestrated version of "Sanctuary" is used as the background music. This shows some level of continuity planning for the sequel on Square-Enix's part. The letter also appears at the front of the game manual for Kingdom Hearts, again showing that maybe the letter is a sort of slogan verse for the series.
- Kairi's letter in the last FMV of Kingdom Hearts II contains a typo; it reads "stating a new journey" rather than "starting a new journey", as Sora reads it.
|This page uses content from the Kingdom Hearts Wiki The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with Disney Wiki, the text of KHWiki is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|