"Jiminy Cricket Presents Bongo" is an episode of Disneyland. It aired on September 28, 1955.
Walt Disney first discusses the creation of "When You Wish Upon A Star", as sung in Pinocchio by Jiminy Cricket. He then turns hosting duties over to Jiminy himself, who then retells the story of Bongo, edited from Fun and Fancy Free.
- The version of Bongo presented in this show is different from the theatrical version.
- The original narration, originally supplied by Dinah Shore, is replaced by that of Jiminy Cricket, and the record Jiminy finds credits himself as the narrator.
- The woodland critters' unintelligble dialogue is now accompanied by subtitles translating their chatter to English.
- Dinah Shore's vocals for the songs were replaced; a female chorus fills in for her on "Lazy Countryside" and "Too Good to be True", while Cliff Edwards fills in for "Say It With a Slap".
- At the end of the show, Jiminy walks away singing "I'm a Happy-Go-Lucky Fellow" and bids farewell to the viewer.
- This particular version of Bongo was used when the cartoon was released on the Walt Disney Mini Classics line of home videos.