For Disney, he voiced Ebenezer Scrooge, in all his various forms, and also all three of the ghosts in the 2009 Robert Zemeckis adaptation of A Christmas Carol, as well as providing motion capture. He also played adult Joe Wenteworth in the 1998 Hollywood Pictures film Simon Birch.
- Carrey was originally considered for the role of Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story along with the late Paul Newman as Sheriff Woody.
- Carrey was once considered to play Captain Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, along with Michael Keaton, Christopher Walken, and Hugh Jackman.
- Carrey was also the favorite choice for the role of Loki Laufeyson in Thor, but at the end, Tom Hiddleston, one of the actors who originally auditioned for the role of Thor, was cast instead.
- Jim was originally offered the role of Michael "Goob" Yagoobian in Disney's Meet the Robinsons, but turned it down to star in the film The Number 23.
- He was once considered to voice Rocket Raccoon in Guardians of the Galaxy along with Adam Sandler, Sharlto Copley, David Tennant, Michael Rooker and H. Jon Benjamin. In the end, Bradley Cooper was cast.
- He was considered for the role of Obi-Wan Kenobi in Star Wars: The Phantom Menace.
- He and most Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls props were featured in Disney MGM Studios' Studio Backlot Tour in 1995.
- He lost a chunk of his front tooth in a childhood biking accident. He usually wears a cap over it, but he takes it off for his role as Lloyd Christmas because it fit the character so perfectly.