Jewel was one of the original fifteen puppies in the 1996 movie, and the second to be referred to by name. She is described to be prim and proper, and is the most feminine of the litter. Her name comes from how the spots around her neck resemble a jeweled necklace. She and her siblings were kidnapped by Jasper and Horace for Cruella De Vil and brought to De Vil Manor to be made into a fur coat. With the help of her family, she escapes Cruella along with her siblings. Jewel isn't seen or mentioned in the 1961 movie or 101 Dalmatians II: Patch's London Adventure.
In most of the tie-in merchandise, such as toys and books, she is very girly in character, as opposed to Two-Tone's tom-boyishness. She has been shown to be a bit annoyed at Whizzer's antics as well. She is very close to her brother, Fidget, as seen in promotional artwork of the two playing together.
Jewel did not physically appear in the series; however, she has been mentioned on numerous occasions.
- Her name appears on a picnic basket in "The Dogs of DeVil".
- Her name also appears on a photo reel in "Frisky Business".
- Cruella verbally names her in "The Making of..."
Jewel appears in a picture of the Dalmatian house in Traverse Town in the game Kingdom Hearts.
She also appears on the cover of 101 Dalmatians: Animated Storybook with her family.
- Despite being a female character, Jewel is portrayed by a male pup in the live-action film.
- In the TV series, Jewel's official personality is never given and is entirely speculatory, but some fans characterize her as a fashionable valley girl, while others think of her as warm-hearted and kind.