| Jake and the Never Land Pirates|
"Peter Pan Returns"
|Season 1, Episode 49|
|Air date:||February 13, 2012|
|Jake and the Never Land Pirates Episodes|
| Previous Episode|
Hook on Ice!
| Next Episode|
Peter's Musical Pipes
One night, Peter Pan's shadow makes way for Never Land and visits the Jolly Roger: the ship of the villainous Captain Hook. There, he bothers Hook and his crew by awakening them from their slumber. Meanwhile, Peter Pan himself visits Pirate Island and reunites with his pirate team insisting of Jake, Izzy, Cubby and Skully. He informs them of the missing shadow and the friends set off to find it. Back on the Jolly Roger, the shadow has proceeded in revealing itself. This alerts Hook and the crew of Peter's presence in Never Land. The captain plots to capture the shadow and use it as hostage to lure Peter to him. However, the shadow proves to be elusive as a chase leads the pirates to be thrown overboard and the Jolly Roger to be taken over by the shadow. The shadow, and the villain pirates, make way fror Never Land. Once there, Hook finally bags the shadow. Peter, Jake and the crew begin their search on the shore of Never Land where they find a note from Hook informing them of the impounded shadow. The heroes set off to meet Hook at Buccaneers Bluff to settle the score. Instead, Hook attempts to force the heroes out of Never Land for the safety of the shadow.
Peter rejects the offer resulting into Hook and his crew taking the shadow to The Valley of Shadows. As the name suggests, the valley is filled with shadows made by various things. As the plan goes, Hook will unleash the shadow there so that Peter will never find it. As Peter and the crew make way for the valley, Peter's flight begins to die down. Being that Peter's thoughts are filled with worries about his shadow, he's beginning to lose his flight as it can only be accessed through happy thoughts. Unfortunately for Hook, Peter and Jake arrive on time. Instead, Hook decides to sink the shadow to the bottom of the NeverSea. Using Bucky, Peter Jake and the crew catches up to the Jolly Roger. A battle follows including events such as Izzy, Cubby and Skully getting trapped under the sail and Jake grabbing the chest with Peter's shadow inside but his vest is caught by Captain Hook's hook, the fight ends with the shadow being reattached to Peter, the villains falling overboard, and the crocodile chasing after them. In celebration of the success, Peter, Jake, Izzy, Cubby and Skully fly through Pirate Island. Much to the young pirates' surprise, Peter and his shadow are now ready to depart to explore new parts of the world and discover new adventures. The friends bid farewell to their friend. Right after, Hook, Smee, Sharky and Bones are seen on a spit of land watching in horror as Tick-Tock the Crocodile and a large float of hungry crocodiles begin to swarm around Hook.
- Peter's Pirate Team
- Blast You Peter Pan
- I Can't Fly
- Here We Go Yo Ho
- I Can Fly
- A Friend in Never Land
- Jake - Colin Ford
- Izzy - Madison Pettis
- Cubby - Jonathan Morgan Heit
- Skully - David Arquette (speaking), Loren Hoskins (singing)
- Captain Hook - Corey Burton
- Mr. Smee - Jeff Bennett
- Sharky - Loren Hoskins
- Bones - Jeff Bennett (speaking), Kevin Hendrickson (singing)
- Peter Pan - Adam Wylie
- Tick-Tock the Crocodile - Dee Bradley Baker
- Peter Pan's Shadow - Adam Wylie
- The is the last episode of season 1 for the series and the first 1-hour episode.
- This is the first episode since the first episode "Hide the Hideout" in which Skully collects gold doubloons.
- In the episode, 15 golden doubloons were collected, the most collected in the entire series so far.
- Marina only has a cameo in the episode in the closing song, despite being a recurring character. In fact, only the Never Bird is the only other character to appear besides the pirates, Hook's pirates, Hook, and Peter Pan. Also, the scene is from the episode "Pirate Rock".
- It is revealed Peter Pan can't fly when he is sad when he doesn't have his shadow around to play with after a certain time.
- After the closing song is over, the island the characters are on looks like a guitar.
- A DVD containing this episode was released April 3, 2012.
- This episode reveals that Captain Hook planned on taking over Never Land during Peter's absence, resulting in Peter finding a team of pirates to keep him at bay.
- This Peter Pan is shorter than Peter Pan from almost 10 years.
The episode got a record 3.092 million viewers with a 0.7 18-49 rating. This was good for the 9th most watched program of the day. It was easliy the most watched program at both 7 and 7:30. It also had Disney Channel’s #1 evening preschool telecast ever in Kids 2-5 (930,000/5.6 rating), Girls 2-5 (504,000/6.2 rating) and Women 18-49 (579,000/0.9 rating), and the #2 nighttime preschool telecast in Boys 2-5 (427,000/5.0 rating). The special was also had Disney Channel to its best performance in that hour in nearly 10 years in Kids 2-5, Girls 2-5 and Boys 2-5 - since October 2003 – and its 2nd-best performance all-time.
With the demo, the episode became the most-watched cable telecast in nearly 10 years in Kids 2-5 (1.846 million/11.1 rating) since May 5, 2011 and is now Disney Channel’s #1 telecast in the demo in the network’s history. The episode netted impressive gains, in Live + 7 versus Live + Same Day, increasing by 51% in Total Viewers (4.661 million vs. 3.092 million), by 98% for Kids 2-5 (1.846 million vs. 904,000), by 130% for Boys 2-5 (980,000 vs. 427,000), by 72% for Girls 2-5 (866,000 vs. 504,000) and by 46% for Adults 18-49 (1.282 million vs. 877,000).
- ↑ http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/02/14/peter-pan-returns-most-watched-episode-for-jake-and-the-never-land-pirates/119996/
- ↑ http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/02/14/monday-cable-ratings-pawn-stars-leads-pretty-little-liars-being-human-wwe-raw-housewives-bh-more/119820/comment-page-3/#comments
- ↑ http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/03/06/prime-special-jake-and-the-never-land-piratespeter-pan-returns-ranks-as-the-most-watched-cable-telecast-in-nearly-10-years-in-the-demo/123378/