| Oh, d-d-d-d-dear!
It has been suggested that this page, or a section of it, be extended.
Once the points are expanded, any user may remove this tag.
Jake and the Never Land Pirates: Jake Saves Bucky is a TV special set that premiered September 19, 2012, on Disney Channel as a Disney Junior Family Night movie event. The special - along with selected second season episodes - was released on Disney DVD October 16, 2012.
According to the Never Land Pirate Code, Jake and his crew must race Bucky against the Jolly Roger and the sneaky Captain Hook. But if Bucky loses, he’ll belong to Hook forever! Of course, Hook uses every trick in the book and wins the race! But, Jake and his crew might have a way to get Bucky back. With the help of Peter Pan, the young pirates embark on an adventure across Never Land that includes getting past a fire-breathing dragon! With your help, Jake’s crew can save Bucky from the devious Captain Hook!
It's nighttime and Captain Hook wants Sharky, Bones, and Mr. Smee to read a book for him. The three come directly for him, with books in their hands. Bones mentions that their feet are there too. Hook complains to Smee about the bedtime story he had asked for. He says he can't fall asleep with an exciting story. The three then show off their books. Mr. Smee shows The Three Little Pirate Piggies, but Hook has heard that story about 3,000 times. Sharky shows him Green Coconuts and Jam, but Hook thinks it is boring. Finally, Bones shows off Goodnight Skull Rock, but Hooks doesn't want to hear that either. Hook wants a story about excitement, so the others keep looking. Mr. Smee finds a boos that hadn't been touched in quite a while and dusts it off, and coughs afterwards. Smee notices it's one he hasn't seen before - but it wasn't a book, it was a piece of paper.
Hooks wonders what Smee is up too, wanting to know if it is a story worthy of his time. Smee thinks Hook hasn't heard of the story before. Before Smee can read it, Hook grabs it out of his hand. He reads the paper, and reads that The Buccaneer need to take in a race against The Jolly Roger. It also has to start the day after the first full moon of the year. Sharky notices that it would be the next day. If Bucky lost the race, ownership would go to Hook. However, there is still more to read on the paper. It says that Jake and his mates have one last chance to get the ship back. Smee accidentally rips the bottom of the paper and Hook gets it and reads what was on the small part of the paper. Hook thinks it's not important at all. Bones wonders what the race means for them, and Hook says that if his crew wins, Bucky will belong to Hook. Smee thinks that Bucky might not be easy to win in the race, since he has lots of gizmos aboard. Hook then wants new gizmos added to The Jolly Roger. The three crewmen then get ready to build the gizmos for Hook. The next morning, all for prepare for the race and sing a song about having Bucky belonging to Hook.
Meanwhile, Jake, Skully, Cubby, and Izzy are playing Pirate Bob Beachball on Bucky, who is also playing with them. Bucky blocks a kick from Izzy, sending it to Captain Hook who pops in and greets them. Jake says he's came to the wrong place to get treasure, but Hook isn't interested to get any for the day, saying he going for a pirate ship. Skully thinks he's gone crackers. Hook throws the scroll of paper to Jake and promptly reads it. Jake says that Bucky has to race against the Jolly Roger for that day. If they lose, Jake will lose Bucky and Hook gets him. Skully, Izzy, and Cubby don't like the idea. Smee says that the kids have no choice but to race. If they quit, they'll lose their beloved ship. Jake accepts the challenge to race Hook, and says Bucky can race againist The Jolly Roger any old day. They two get in each other's face, and start to sing the song Our Ship's Better than Yours. During the song, Hook intends to cheat so he can win Bucky.
After the song is over, Hook says that the race starts at Shipwreck Beach, and he'll see them at the starting line. Cubby is worried that his captain will lose the race and Bucky, however Jake says he's going to win the race. After their usual talk about the audience wanting to help them, and the Peter's Pirate Team song, Jake's crew finally get to the starting line. Hook though that Jake had gave up. Jake is ready though, and ready to win. Smee then mentions how the rules will work by Sharky and Bones, in song form. Cubby thinks its awesome, but Hook in concerned about winning Bucky instead. Sharky and Bones sing the first location for the crews: Mermaid Lagoon. Jake tells his crew to get ready to win the race. Sharky and Bones tell the shipo to get ready, and yell "Anchors Away!" to both ships. The ships get off with The Jolly Roger getting an early lead. Jake wants Bucky to get to mermaid Lagoon before Hook's ship does. Jake wants the incidence to cheer on for Bucky, and yell "Go Bucky Go!". Hook notices that Bucky is catching up, and then blocks Bucky from getting ahead.
- Peter's Pirate Team
- Work to Get Bucky
- Our Ship's Better Than Yours
- Here We Go Yo Ho
- Despite being a special, only 12 golden doubloons were collected.
- It is revealed that the pirates are unhappy if Bucky is taken away, showing that they think of him as a true friend.
- Izzy says "Pixie Dust Away!" twice, the first time in a sad way after they lost the race, and the second time to get the golden bell to be hit with pixie dust so Skully can carry it is.
- Peter Pan is shown throwing dubloons in the air after the song Here We Go Yo Ho, yet he didn't collect any in the episode.
- After Jake and his crew found out that they've lost the race and have to hand over Bucky, Izzy says "Pixie Dust Away!", sprinkling pixie dust on Jake, Izzy, and Cubby to make them fly. According to the song You Can Fly, it talks about how the pixie dust will only work if "there's a smile in your heart..." meaning you must think of happy things, and the three of them are the exact opposite (hence Jake having to warn Cubby to not fall into the water) So technecally, the pixie dust shouldn't make the three of them fly since they're in a rather depressed mood in that particular scene.
- Second appearance of Peter Pan. ("Jake and the Never Land Pirates: Peter Pan Returns") Also, Marina's only appearance was during a clip during the song when the pirates are sad about losing Bucky.
- The books that Sharky and Bones as well as Mr. Smee hold for Captain Hook to be read are parodies of Green Eggs and Ham, Goodnight Moon, and The Three Little Pigs.
- Hook mentioning "The Little Pirate Ship That Could" is similar to the book The Little Engine That Could.
- The song Our Ship's Better Than Yours is similar to the song Our Movie's Better Than Yours from the Phineas and Ferb episode "Nerds of a Feather". Also, the screen splits for both side to been in the song in both cases.
- Cleo the Goldfish (from Pinocchio) makes an appearance in Mermaid Lagoon when the riddle is given of finding "a fish that's not a fish", and assists in guiding both Captain Hook's crew and Jake's team.
Despite being a special, a mere 1.883 million watched the special, down 39% from Jake and the Never Land Pirates: Peter Pan Returns. it was the 19th most program for the day.
- Colin Ford - Jake
- Madison Pettis - Izzy
- Jonatha Morgan Heit - Cubby
- David Arquette - Skully
- Corey Burton - Captain Hook
- Jeff Bennet - Mr. Smee
- Loren Hoskins and Jeff Bennet (speaking) Kevin Hendrickson (singing) - Sharky and Bones
- Adam Wylie - Peter Pan (character)
- Dee Bradley Baker - Tick-Tock the Crocodile, The Dragon, Brightly the Firefly
- Loren Hoskins - Sandy the Starfish
- Russi Taylor - Gilly the Goldfish
- ↑ http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/09/20/wednesday-cable-ratings-royal-pains-here-http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/09/20/wednesday-cable-ratings-royal-pains-here-comes-honey-boo-boo-win-night-american-hoggers-challengerestaurant-impossible-ghost-hunters-more/149380/