- “I'm coming for you, Storm.”
- ―Lightning McQueen
- Jackson Storm is fast, sleek and ready to race. A frontrunner in the next generation of racers, Storm's quiet confidence and cocky demeanor are off-putting—but his unmatched speed threatens to redefine the sport. Trained on high-tech simulators that are programmed to perfect technique and maximize velocity, Jackson Storm is literally built to be unbeatable—and he knows it.
Storm is painted black, and has a dark blue lightning bolt-like design on his doors. His eyes are gray, and his racing number, 20, is painted on his sides along with the logos of the Piston Cup, Combustr, Carbon Cyber, SynerG and IGNTR. The IGNTR logo is colored blue, while the rest of the logos are colored white. His number can also be found on his rear end and roof, being painted gray, while the IGNTR logo is also painted gray on his rear end, and painted black on his hood and spoiler. He also has one dark blue line beside each of his headlights, on the edges of his roof, around his windows, and on the sides of his spoiler.
According to his character pose, his model is a 2017 Custom-built "Next-Gen" Piston Cup Racer.
Powers and Abilities
With a Maximum Performance V-8 engine, 850 hp, a hydroformed alloy & steel chassis, and a carbon fiber and metal composite body, he can go from zero to sixty miles per hour in 3.6 seconds, and go up to 214 miles per hour.
Role in the film
Jackson is introduced as a rookie in the racing world, where he tries his best to beat Lightning McQueen. He unexpectedly wins a race and reveals himself to be an extremely arrogant racer. Throughout the season, he keeps winning as newer racers take over the circuit. He boasts about McQueen retiring.
Prior to the Florida 500, he sets records and increase his top speed to 214 miles per hour. At the race, Storm notices Cruz in her racing outfits and insults her. When Cruz Ramirez enters the race, Storm completely underestimates her. As Cruz moves up to third place, Storm tells her that she doesn't belong on a track and her dreams won't be enough to make her a racer. McQueen tells Cruz that Storm saw something in her which was why he tried to lower her confidence. Storm was shocked to find out that Cruz was right behind him. Cruz remains close on his tail by drafting. During the final lap, Storm attempted to push her against a wall, but Cruz flipped over him and won the race.
Storm is one of the playable characters in the game.
- Storm's voice actor, Armie Hammer, was born the same year Pixar was founded (1986).
- By winning the Piston Cup in his rookie year, Storm has achieved what McQueen was hoping to do in the first Cars film.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Snetiker, Mark (January 5, 2017). "Cars 3 first look: Meet Pixar's new millennials". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved on January 5, 2017.
- ↑ "'Cars 3' Vocal Talent Confirmed with First Official Look at Jackson Storm & Cruz Ramirez". Pixar Post (January 5, 2017). Retrieved on June 11, 2017.