Jacob Kirby was an American comic book artist, writer, and editor regarded by historians and fans as one of the major innovators and most influential creators in the comic book medium, especially when working at Marvel Comics in the 1960s and 1970s. In 1979, he was commissioned to draw a comic book adaptation of the Walt Disney motion picture The Black Hole.
Disney movies and TV shows based on characters he created include:
- The Avengers (based on the Avengers)
- Avengers: Age of Ultron
- Avengers: Infinity War
- Avengers: Endgame
- Marvel Disk Wars: The Avengers
- Iron Man 3 (based on Iron Man)
- Thor: The Dark World (based on Thor Odinson)
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier (based on Captain America)
- Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. (based on the Hulk)
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Agent Carter
- Black Panther (based on Black Panther)