J.P. Manoux grew up in Santa Barbara, California, the oldest of seven. He was educated at The Thacher School in Ojai, California and Northwestern University. He currently plays Stan the android in the Disney XD original series Aaron Stone. Audiences of that show may be too young to recognize him as surgical resident Dustin Crenshaw from ER, but are likely to be familiar with his recurring roles as both Curtis the Caveman and Vice Principal Hackett on Disney Channel's Phil of the Future.
One of Manoux's early parts was as a regular performer on the short-lived variety series The Wayne Brady Show. This led to other work in film, television, and commercials, including recent campaigns for Got Milk? and Fruit of the Loom. Manoux's distinctive look and sound have landed him many guest parts in television shows, including Angel, Smallville, Scrubs, Charmed, and Crossing Jordan. He also voices Kuzco in The Emperor's New School, the role originated on film by David Spade.
Mr. Manoux has directed episodes of Aaron Stone and Phil of the Future, and has made small appearances in two Michael Bay films: Transformers, where he was a guy being interviewed on television, and The Island, where he portrayed a mentally underdeveloped clone.
- Beverly Hills Chihuahua 3: Viva la Fiesta (2012)
- Bolt (2008)
- Mickey's Magical Christmas: Snowed in at the House of Mouse - Kuzco (2001)
- Inspector Gadget (1999)
- Aaron Stone - Stan (2009)
- The Emperor's New School - Kuzco (2006-2008)
- Phil of the Future - Vice Principal Hackett, Curtis (2004-2006)
- The Replacements (2006)
- Even Stevens (2002)
- House of Mouse - Kuzco (2001)
- The Emperor's New Groove (2000) - Kuzco
- Monsters, Inc. (2001) - Randall Boggs
- Kingdom Hearts II (2006) - Additional Voices