- “How is your grandfather?”
- ―Ivan to Holley Shiftwell.
Ivan (pronounced ee-von, not eye-van) is a minor antagonist in Cars 2.
"Most tow trucks just look tough, but Ivan is really tough. From his front grille to his rear hook, he's built solid. What else would you expect from Victor H.'s personal chauffeur? The rumor that he demolished a subcompact with one drop of the tow boom may sound preposterous, but it's absolutely true. Still, every tough truck has a weakness, and for Ivan it's helping a pretty sports car with a flat tire. All she has to do is give a wink and a shy smile, and he's ready with 'roadside assistance'."
Ivan is a blue tow truck who works for Victor Hugo. He is Victor's personal transportation, towing him place to place. He also serves as a bodyguard. During the film, Mater disguises himself as Ivan to infiltrate the lemon meeting being held in Porto Corsa to get info. Holley Shiftwell tazes Ivan before this so he doesn't blow their cover. He later regains consciousness, and captures Holley. When Mater was trying to get Lightning McQueen's attention in a crowd, the lemons grab him with Ivan taking his place. He is attacked by Mater in the end when he tries to get McQueen, and is arrested in London with the lemon employers.
- Ivan resembles a 1956 Chevrolet 4100 tow truck.
- Ivan's license plate reads PN-217-63.
- Ivan is the ninth Pixar villain to be physically fought.
- Ivan shares a model that is almost the same as Mater's model. Other differences between them are that they have different eye colors, and Ivan doesn't have buck teeth.
- Mater disguised as Ivan is a downloadable character for Cars 2: The Video Game
- Alexander Hugo: "Gremlins. Man, those are some ugly cars. Look like someone stole their trunks!"
(Alex, Ivan and the other black Hugos laugh.)
Holley Shiftwell (Italian accent): (something in Italian). "My grand-a father has-a broken down. If-a one of-a you would help, I would be so thankful."
Ivan: "Sounds like you need some roadside assistance."
Alexander Hugo: "She was talking to me, Ivan!"
Ivan: "Oh, really? Prove it!" (hits Alexander Hugo)
Holley Shiftwell (still Italian accent): "No, no, no! Don't-a fight over me. Signore Tow Truck, per favore."
- —Alexander Hugo, Ivan and the other black Hugos meet Holley, who they don't know is a spy.
- "How is your grandfather?"
- —Ivan, when he captures Holley.
- "In England, you'll be finished! At the finish line."
- —Ivan's warning to Lightning McQueen.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Pixar Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with Disney Wiki, the text of the Pixar Wiki is available under the CC-BY-SA license.|