- “Meet the little voices inside your head.”
Inside Out is an upcoming Disney/Pixar film, slated for release on June 19, 2015. It will be Pixar's 15th feature-length animated film. In keeping with Pixar tradition, a short film called Lava will accompany the movie.
Bleeding Cool published an article stating the name of Pete Docter's next film would be The Inside Out. Then on February 8, 2013, ComingSoon.net reported that the film's title would be Inside Out. Disney/Pixar officially announced the title on Twitter on April 17, 2013 during Cinema Con.
Inside Riley Anderson's mind, five living Emotions are hard at work, led by lighthearted optimist Joy, whose mission is to make sure Riley stays happy. Fear heads up safety, Anger ensures all is fair and Disgust prevents Riley from getting poisoned both physically and socially (and from eating broccoli). Sadness isn’t exactly sure what her role is, and frankly, neither do any of the emotions know her role either and because of that, the others bully her and are disrespectful to her, especially Joy.
When Riley’s family relocates to a scary new city, the Emotions are on the job, eager to help guide her through the difficult transition. But when Joy and Sadness are inadvertently swept into the far reaches of Riley’s mind taking some of her core memories with them, Fear, Anger, and Disgust are left reluctantly in charge. Joy and Sadness must venture through unfamiliar places including, Long Term Memory, Imagination Land, Abstract Thought and Dream Productions with help from Riley's old imaginary friend, Bing Bong in a desperate effort to get back to Headquarters, and Riley.
- Amy Poehler as Joy
- Phyllis Smith as Sadness
- Lewis Black as Anger
- Mindy Kaling as Disgust
- Bill Hader as Fear
- Richard Kind as Bing Bong
- Kaitlyn Dias as Riley Anderson
- Diane Lane as Riley's Mother
- Kyle MacLachlan as Riley's Father
- Paris Van Dyke as Meg
- Pete Docter as Father's Anger
- Carlos Alazraqui as Father's Fear / Brazilian Helicopter Pilot
- Lori Alan as Mother's Sadness
- Sherry Lynn as Mother's Joy
- Frank Oz as Subconscious Guard Dave
- Dave Goelz as Subconscious Guard Frank
- Paula Poundstone as Forgetter Paula
- Bobby Moynihan as Forgetter Bobby
- Flea as Mind Worker Jake
- Paula Pell as Dream Director/Mother's Anger
- Peter Sagal as Jangles' Joy
- Rashida Jones as Cool Girl's Emotions
- Laraine Newman as Mother's Fear
- Josh Cooley as Jangles the Clown
- Frank Welker as Rainbow Unicorn
- John Ratzenberger as Fritz
- Bob Bergen - Additional voices
- Jess Harnell - Additional voices
- John Cygan - Additional voices
- Danny Mann - Additional voices
- Lola Cooley - Additional Voices
- Mary Gibbs - Additional Voices
- Dawnn Lewis - Additional Voices
Pixar first revealed the following information on the upcoming film at D23 Expo 2011:
- From director Pete Docter comes an inventive new film that explores a world that everyone knows, but no one has seen: inside the human mind.
(via The Pixar Blog)
Trailers and Clips
Cast and Crew
Behind the Scenes
- Inside Out will be the first full-length film to personify and characterize human emotions and the second Disney media work to do that since the short, Reason and Emotion.
- Pete Docter was an animator on Cranium Command, a former Epcot attraction that shares many of the film's themes of personifying human thoughts as well as the setting of the mind of an adolescent.
- The teaser trailer features clips from all previous Pixar movies except Toy Story 2 and Cars 2.
- The playground seen in Riley's memory orb is taken from Sunnyside Daycare from Toy Story 3, with the only difference being that the slide is not coiled but straight. The setting is also different from Sunnyside.
- In the teaser trailer, Riley and her family are eating from Chinese food boxes of the same type as the one seen in A Bug's Life and several other Pixar films.
- The song that plays during the teaser trailer is "Sweet Emotion" by American rock band Aerosmith.
- The song heard in the 2nd official trailer is "More Than a Feeling" by American rock band Boston.
- As revealed in the first official trailer, each person has the same set of emotions, although their appearance is altered to make it look like the person they control/live in.
- Also, all the emotions in Riley's mom are all female and resemble her, and the emotions in Riley's dad are all male and resemble him, but Riley has 3 female emotions and 2 male emotions who look nothing like her.
- There are currently 2 versions of the film's first official trailer, and there's only one major difference: In the UK version of the official trailer, the Dad's emotions were watching soccer, but in the US version, they were watching hockey.
- This is the first Pixar film to have many sneak peeks.
- This is the third animated film that Mindy Kaling has worked on, the first being the Tourist Mom in Despicable Me and the second being Taffyta Muttonfudge in Wreck-It Ralph.
- According to director Pete Docter, each emotion is based on a shape and what each emotion represents: Joy is a star, Sadness is a teardrop, Anger is a firebrick, Disgust is a broccoli and Fear is a raw nerve, Pete Doctor says he loves broccoli too much, however.
- Inside Out is the fourth Pixar film to receive a PG rating, right after, Brave, Up, and The Incredibles.
- The movie has been rated PG for mild thematic elements and some action.
- In other countries, the name of the movie title is different. In France, the movie is called "Vice-Versa", and in Japan, the movie is called "インサイド・ヘッド" (Insaido heddo), which translates to "Inside Head."
- It has been announced that the soundtrack for this movie will be released on June 16, 2015.
- Like Toy Story and Toy Story 2, this film currently has a rare 100% on Rotten Tomatoes, which is a very rare rating for an animated film.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Pixar Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with Disney Wiki, the text of the Pixar Wiki is available under the CC-BY-SA license.|
Characters: Joy | Sadness | Anger | Disgust | Fear | Mrs. Anderson's Emotions | Mr. Anderson's Emotions | Bing Bong | Rainbow Unicorn | The Forgetters | Jangles the Clown | Riley Anderson | Mrs. Anderson | Mr. Anderson | Meg
Locations: Emotions' Headquarters | Long Term Memory | Imagination Land | Dream Productions | Abstract Thought | Cloud Town | Hockey Island | Friendship Island | Goofball Island | Honesty Island | Family Island | Subconscious | Minnesota | San Francisco | Riley's House | Riley's School