The Infinity Stones are six gems of great power (though currently, only five have been found) from the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Created by the Cosmic Entities. They were made before time began. The Infinity Gauntlet is a glove with six holes, one on each finger, and the sixth on the palm.
The Infinity Stones can shift from their natural form to a gem form. Once shifted into gems, each Infinity Stone goes into one of the holes in the Infinity Gauntlet. This gives the Infinity Gauntlet its power, and thus gives the one who wears it power beyond comparison.
- Tesseract - A blue cube and considered as "The Jewel of Odin's Treasure Room". Odin hid the stone at Norway until World War II where Johann Schmidt took it for power. The Tesseract is the Space Stone. The Tesseract is currently in a vault on Asgard, after being used to recreate the Frost bridge connecting Asgard to different realms.
- Mind Stone - It was given to Loki by The Other. Loki used the scepter to control Barton, Selvig and other S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. Currently, the scepter is in Dr. Cho's lab in Korea. The Mind Stone is now on Vision's forehead.
- Aether - It is in a red liquid form used by Malekith. The Aether is the Reality Stone. The Collector currently has the Aether.
- Orb - A silver sphere used by the people of Morag, to encase the Power Stone. The Orb is the Power Stone. The Orb is currently in a vault in Xandar.
- Eye of Agamotto - Revealed to be an Infinity Stone by Wong to Doctor Strange, the Eye's current wielder. Although which stone the Eye is is unknown at present, the eye is able to bend time, much like that of the Time Stone. The Eye is currently in the Kamar-Taj, in Nepal.
The Infinity Stones will be a major gameplay feature in the upcoming Capcom crossover fighting game Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite. Players will select one Infinity Stone at the beginning of an Arcade Mode run, which will give the player a special power-up ability.
- In the comics, the Infinity "Stones" are referred to as the Infinity Gems.
- The post-credits scene in Thor: The Dark World reveals that the film's central weapon, the "Aether", is one of six "Infinity Stones", and that the Tesseract from the previous films Captain America: The First Avenger and The Avengers is another. It is also noted that it would be unwise to keep two of the stones in the same location.
- Kevin Feige has stated that one of the Infinity Stones will be featured in Guardians of the Galaxy stating: "You may see another infinity stone in Guardians and certainly fans of the comics know what one can do with all of those stones if, god forbid, they get them and with Thanos showing up at the end of The Avengers, he plays a part in Guardians and leads us towards at least one potential future." This later turned out to be the Orb.
Marvel Cinematic Universe
Marvel Animated Universe