Dr. Henry "Indiana" Walton Jones, Jr., Ph.D., is a fictional professor of archaeology, adventurer, and the main protagonist of the Indiana Jones film series, created by George Lucas, directed by Steven Spielberg, and released by Paramount Pictures.
Prior to Lucasfilm's acquisition by The Walt Disney Company in October 30, 2012, he is featured as a meetable character and is in a number of different attractions at Disney theme parks in collaboration with George Lucas, including:
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!, a stunt show that opened in 1989 at Disney's Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World, based on Raiders of the Lost Ark
- Indiana Jones et le Temple du Péril, a roller coaster that opened in 1993 at Disneyland Park at Disneyland Resort Paris
- Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye, an elaborate dark ride that opened in 1995 at Disneyland
- Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Crystal Skull, a dark ride nearly identical to the Disneyland version, having opened in 2001 at Tokyo DisneySea at Tokyo Disney Resort
This close relationship with George Lucas also resulted in the Captain EO 3-D film starring Michael Jackson, as well as Star Tours, a motion simulator ride based on Star Wars, both rides located at all Disney resorts (except Hong Kong). The latter has led to many Star Wars-related events and merchandise in Disney parks, such as Star Wars Weekends and the Jedi Training Academy.
- For more pictures and screenshots of Indiana Jones (character), click here.