Like Storybrooke, Hyperion Heights is home to fairy-tale characters sent to the Land Without Magic under a new Dark Curse. It is currently unknown how many Enchanted Forest characters inhabit the town, but Regina Mills, Killian Jones, and Rumplestiltskin are known to live there, albeit with new identities.
New Character Identities
While several Storybrooke residents live in the town, they are cursed with new identities.
- Regina Mills- The former mayor of Storybrooke and queen of the Enchanted Forest, is now a bar owner by the name of Roni.
- Killian Jones- The Wish Realm counterpart of the pirate from Neverland is now a police officer named Rogers
- Rumplestiltskin- The Dark One is a police detective by the name Weaver. His partner is Rogers.
- The name "Hyperion" refers to several areas of Disney property and history.
- 2719 Hyperion Avenue in Los Angeles, California was the location of the first Disney animation studio.
- Hyperion Books is the publishing branch of The Walt Disney Company.
- Hyperion Theater is a theater located in Disney California Adventure, in Disneyland.
- Cafe Hyperion is a restaurant in Disneyland Paris.
- Hyperion Airship is a fictional French airship featured in the 1974 Disney Film, The Island at the Top of the World.
- Hyperion is a superhuman being seen on the Marvel television program, Avengers Assemble.
- Hyperion Heights and Storybrooke can possibly be allusions to the American Disney Parks, as there is one on the West Coast (Disneyland in Anaheim, California) and one on the East Coast (Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida). In this case, Hyperion Heights is on the West Coast in Washington State, and Storybrooke is located on the East Coast, in Maine.