It is Valentine's Day, and Lilo uses an experiment that makes people fall in artificial love to make Keoni fall in love with her. However, when Lilo accidentally lets Hunkahunka loose, the experiment causes more trouble by making everyone fall in love, and Lilo soon feels bad about forcing Keoni to like her. Now, Stitch must catch Hunkahunka before Gantu does.
- Moral: True love is when someone loves you for who you are.
- Hunkahunka is named after a lyric in the Elvis Presley song "Burning Love" from the original movie. Lilo refers to him as a "Hunkahunka bird of love."
- We learn that Hunkahunka's powers can cause people to love someone of the same gender, although this portrayal of homosexuality would be somewhat offensive to LGBT viewers.
- This is one of four episodes where both Gantu and Hämsterviel appear but not Reuben, the other three being "Clip", "Amnesio", and "Shush".
- In his debut, Hunkahunka had dark purple feathers. However, in the show's intro, the episode "Snafu", and his later appearances, he had dark pink and maroon feathers on his body.
- In spring 2004, Disney Channel held an online poll that asked viewers for their favorite experiments and episodes from Season 1 of the series. According to the top 10 results of that poll, "Hunkahunka" was the #8 most popular episode and experiment.