How to Play Football is a 1944 Goofy cartoon directed by Jack Kinney.
The Goofies of Taxidermy Tech take on the Goofies of Anthropology A and M.
- It was nominated for an Academy Award in the Best Animated Short Subject category, but lost to the Tom and Jerry short film "Mouse Trouble".
- Disneyland, episode #2.24: "The Goofy Sports Story"
- Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color, episode #10.23: "In Shape with Von Drake"
- The Mouse Factory, episode #1.17: "Sports"
- The New Mickey Mouse Club, April 25, 1977
- Good Morning, Mickey, episode #68
- Mickey's Mouse Tracks, episode #73
- Donald's Quack Attack, episode #31
- The Ink and Paint Club, episode #1.3: "Sports Goofy"
- Have a Laugh!, episode #37
- Goofy Over Sports
- Walt Disney Cartoon Classics: More Sport Goofy
- Walt Disney Treasures: The Complete Goofy
- Walt Disney's Classic Cartoon Favorites: Extreme Sports Fun
Have a Laugh! changes
The following scenes were deleted from the short release due to time constraints:
- The opening shot of the college.
- The teams coming out onto the field.
- The try for the extra point for Taxidermy Tech, raising the score from 6 to 7.
- The coach saving Swivel-Hips Smith.
- The huddle deciding which number to call.
- Many of the gags during the first half of the game are cut, going from a Taxidermy quarterback literally barking signals to a Taxidermy player going for a bullet pass.
- The Taxidermy Tech cheerleaders' scene.
- The entire halftime section with the players in the locker room, as the coach addresses the team before telling them to "get out there and fight".
- Swivel-Hips Smith being brought for the second half.
- The coach swallowing his cigar as Smith is hit hard.
- The coach feverishly reviving Smith is shortened.
- The gag involving Taxidermy Tech up against a wall of the opposing team.
- One player getting kicked in the face by another.
- Smith stumbling around the field is shortened, and the coach with many cigars in his mouth during the scene is cut.
- The sportscaster gnawing on his microphone as he watches.