In order to demonstrate how to haunt a house, the narrator (voiced by Corey Burton) arranges for Goofy to temporarily be "not living" and selects Donald Duck to be the one whom Goofy's ghost will haunt. Donald, now in ghost form, then seeks revenge on Goofy, and the two ghosts end up chasing each other to the edge of a cliff, from which they both fall.
- In one scene, Goofy is seen dragging chains around in his ghost form, ala Jacob Marley. This is a reference to when he did the same thing in Mickey's Christmas Carol, where he also played a ghost.
- Unlike other MouseWorks shorts, which were produced by Walt Disney Television Animation, this was made by Walt Disney Feature Animation's unit in Florida.
- At several points of the cartoon, Corey Burton's narration mimicks the voice of the Ghost Host from the Haunted Mansion ride.
- A few years later, Corey Burton actually voiced the Ghost Host, in the Haunted Mansion Holidays overlay.
- Wayne Allwine - Mickey Mouse
- Tony Anselmo - Donald Duck
- Corey Burton - Narrator
- Bill Farmer - Goofy
- April Winchell - Clarabelle Cow