Like all "How To" Disney shorts, this one opens with a narrator explaining how to fish, with Goofy acting as the visual narrator. This short film does not have a plot; all the facts are jumbled together, with several humorous facts and clips.
There are similarities between this cartoon and "How to Ride a Horse", as both are framed as being presented inside a book of the same name, with the punchline of the short being an animal on the front cover coming to life and having the last laugh.
- Disneyland, episode #3.6: "Goofy's Cavalcade of Sports"
- The Mouse Factory, episode #1.6: "The Great Outdoors"
- Good Morning, Mickey, episode #65
- Mickey's Mouse Tracks, episode #39
- Donald's Quack Attack, episode #32
- Have a Laugh!, episode #44
- Walt Disney Cartoon Classics: Sport Goofy's Vacation (VHS)
- Everybody Loves Goofy (VHS/DVD)
- Walt Disney Treasures: The Complete Goofy (DVD)
- Walt Disney's Classic Cartoon Favorites, Vol. 3: Starring Goofy (DVD)