Darkwing and Gosalyn go with Morgana to her old magic alma mater, where Morgana is to present her paper on a profound magical breakthrough. While there, Gosalyn is allowed to participate in some classes because of her natural affinity for the unnatural; but quickly finds the underpinnings of magic, complex mathamatics, too boring for her tastes. Bored because getting used car salesmen and politicians aren't a challenge Bielzebub finds out about Darkwing and Gosalyn being at the school, and decides this is his chance to move up in the rankings of hell-by getting Darkwing Once and for all!
Gosalyn tries to find a short cut to learning magic without the hard math involved, but is hoodwinked into using forbidden spells when Beelzebub disguises himself as the school janitor. By using the forbidden spells she allows of Beelzebub to steal Darkwing's soul. Can Gosalyn and Morgana find some way into tricking him into letting Darkwing go?
- This episode featured a cameo of the Magic Brooms from Fantasia.
- This was one of four Darkwing Duck episodes that was banned after its initial airings (the other three being "Tiff of the Titans", "Bearskin Thug", and "Aduckyphobia").
- Beelzebub also makes a cameo at the end of Dead Duck when he appears in D.W.'s oven! The Devil also makes a "twin" cameo as accountants for "Dizzy Studios" in "A Star Is Scorned".
- The very fact that a Disney-related show had a character that closely resembles Satan (and was even allowed to air a few times) is unusual.
- In this episode, we get to see many of the monsters and magic that make up Morgana's world.
- The creature that Gosalyn summons was called a "Gulerian Taronga". It was modeled after the "Lena Hyena" character in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit". The first name was from Greg Guler, and the last name from a fan mailing list that Tad Stones was a member of, hosted at taronga.com.