Hollywood Land is a themed land at Disney California Adventure park at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California. The area is inspired by the 1930s Golden Age period of Hollywood and hosts attractions themed to this concept, including a backlot of a typical Hollywood studio. The land opened as Hollywood Pictures Backlot with the park in 2001.
The land's entrance once had towering studio gates that featured intricately carved elephants atop massive columns. The gateway was a tribute to the spectacular epics made throughout Hollywood history, especially pioneering director D. W. Griffith's 1916 silent film Intolerance. After the park's re-design, the archway sign, elephants and columns were removed, whereas the repainted pedestals remained.
Attractions include the Hyperion Theater, which opened with the park in 2001 and has hosted four productions, Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!, based on the Disney·Pixar film Monsters, Inc., which opened in 2006 as part of the resort's Happiest Homecoming on Earth, and the Red Car Trolley attraction, based on the Pacific Electric Railway, which runs through the streets of Hollywood Land and neighboring Buena Vista Street. Former attractions included Muppet*Vision 3D which opened with the park in 2001, and The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror which opened on May 5, 2004 .
Attractions and Entertainment
- Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission: BREAKOUT!
- Disney Animation Building
- Frozen: Live at the Hyperion at the Hyperion Theater
- Disney Junior - Live on Stage!
- The Hollywood Backlot Stage
- Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!
- Red Car Trolley
Former attractions and entertainment
- Superstar Limo (2001-2002)
- Who Wants to Be a Millionaire – Play It! (Stage 17) (2001-2004)
- ABC Soap Opera Bistro (2001-2002)
- Muppet*Vision 3D (2001-2014)
- ElecTRONica (2010-2012)
- Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular at the Hyperion Theater (2003-2016)
- For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration (2015-2016)
- Mad T Party (2012-2014; 2015-2016)
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror (2004-2017)
Restaurants and refreshments
- Award Wieners
- Fairfax Market
- Studio Catering Co. (formerly 'Between Takes')
- Drink Me Bar
- Gone Hollywood
- Off The Page
- Studio Store
- Tower Hotel Gifts
- Rizzo's Prop & Pawn Shop
- Wandering Oaken's Trading Post
- ↑ Slater, Shawn (March 16, 2016). "Adapting ‘Frozen’ for the Stage in ‘Frozen – Live at the Hyperion’ at Disney California Adventure Park".. Disney Parks Blog. Retrieved on March 21, 2016.
- ↑ "Fans say goodbye to 'Aladdin' musical in Anaheim" (January 11, 2016). Retrieved on 25 January 2016.