Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Hollywood Land is a themed land at Disney California Adventure. The area is inspired by the 1930s Golden Age period of Hollywood and hosts attractions themed to this concept, including a backlot of a typical Hollywood studio. The land opened as Hollywood Pictures Backlot with the park in 2001.
The land's entrance once had towering studio gates that featured intricately carved elephants atop massive columns. The gateway was a tribute to the spectacular epics made throughout Hollywood history, especially pioneering director D. W. Griffith's 1916 silent film Intolerance. After the park's re-design, the archway sign, elephants and columns were removed, whereas the repainted pedestals remained.
The 3-D attraction, Muppet*Vision 3D opened with the park in 2001, the thrill attraction The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror opened in 2004, and Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!, based on the Disney·Pixar film Monsters, Inc., opened in 2006 as part of the resort's Happiest Homecoming on Earth. The Red Car Trolley attraction, based on the Pacific Electric Railway, runs through the streets of Hollywood Land and neighboring Buena Vista Street.
Attractions and Entertainment
- Disney Animation Building
- Frozen: Live at the Hyperion at the Hyperion Theater
- Disney Junior - Live on Stage!
- The Hollywood Backlot Stage
- Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!
- Red Car Trolley
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Former attractions and entertainment
- Superstar Limo (2001-2002)
- Who Wants to Be a Millionaire – Play It! (Stage 17) (2001-2004)
- ABC Soap Opera Bistro (2001-2002)
- Muppet*Vision 3D (2001-2014)
- ElecTRONica (2010-2012)
- Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular at the Hyperion Theater (2003-2016)
- For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration (2015-2016)
- Mad T Party (2012-2014; 2015-2016)
Restaurants and refreshments
- Award Wieners
- Fairfax Market
- Studio Catering Co. (formerly 'Between Takes')
- Drink Me Bar
- Gone Hollywood
- Off The Page
- Studio Store
- Tower Hotel Gifts
- Rizzo's Prop & Pawn Shop
- Wandering Oaken's Trading Post
- ↑ Slater, Shawn (March 16, 2016). "Adapting ‘Frozen’ for the Stage in ‘Frozen – Live at the Hyperion’ at Disney California Adventure Park".. Disney Parks Blog. Retrieved on March 21, 2016.
- ↑ "Fans say goodbye to 'Aladdin' musical in Anaheim" (January 11, 2016). Retrieved on 25 January 2016.