Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
High School Musical: The Concert is a 2006-2007 concert tour performed in character by members of the cast of the popular television films series, High School Musical, sponsored by AEG Live and presented by Buena Vista Concerts. The concert toured cities in the United States, Canada and Latin America.
High School Musical: The Concert expanded the Disney Channel franchise that had previously produced a triple-platinum selling soundtrack and had planned a movie sequel. (Disney already scored a success with another concert based on a TV musical, The Cheetah Girls, which had a sold-out tour in 88 cities.)
The concert, which featured songs from the film, also included cast members Corbin Bleu, Ashley Tisdale, Lucas Grabeel, Monique Coleman and Vanessa Hudgens. Zac Efron did not join the rest of the cast because he had to work on Hairspray. Instead, Drew Seeley , who co-wrote "Get'cha Head in the Game" and sang as Troy in High School Musical the movie and soundtrack, joined the tour. Jordan Pruitt performed the show's opening act.
Cast members perform in character as their High School Musical counterparts.
- Drew Seeley as Troy Bolton
- Vanessa Hudgens as Gabriella Montez
- Ashley Tisdale as Sharpay Evans
- Lucas Gabreel as Ryan Evans
- Corbin Bleu as Chad Danforth
- Monique Coleman as Taylor McKessie
- Jordan Pruitt (North America only)
Jordan Pruitt Opening Setlist
- "Jump to the Rhythm"
- "Outside Looking In"
- "Miss Popularity"
- "We Are Family"
- "Introduction"(contains excerpts of "Start of Something New", "Stick to the Status Quo", and "We're All in This Together")
- "Start of Something New"
- "Stick to the Status Quo"
- "I Can't Take My Eyes Off You"
- "When There Was Me and You"
- "We'll Be Together"
- "He Said She Said"
- "Get'cha Head in the Game"
- "Dance With Me"
- "Push it to the Limit"
- "What I've Been Looking For" (Slow Version)
- "What I've Been Looking For"
- "Let's Dance"
- "Say OK"
- "Come Back to Me"
- "Bop to the Top"
- "Breaking Free"
|November 30, 2006||San Diego||United States||ipayOne Center||Vanessa Hudgens's Hometown|
|December 1, 2006||San Jose||HP Pavilion at San Jose|
|December 3, 2006||Glendale||Jobing.com Arena|
|December 5, 2006||Sacramento||ARCO Arena|
|December 6, 2006||Stockton||Stockton Arena|
|December 8, 2006||Bakersfield||Rabobank Arena|
|December 10, 2006||Portland||Rose Garden|
|December 11, 2006||Seattle||KeyArena|
|December 16, 2006||Bossier City||CenturyTel Center|
|December 17, 2006||Dallas||American Airlines Center|
|December 18, 2006||Houston||Toyota Center||High School Musical Tour Extreme Access Pass DVD filmed|
|December 20, 2006||Tampa||St. Pete Times Forum|
|December 21, 2006||Orlando||TD Waterhouse Centre|
|December 22, 2006||Columbia||Colonial Center||Monique Coleman's Hometown|
|December 23, 2006||Charlotte||Charlotte Bobcats Arena|
|December 27, 2006||Greensboro||Greensboro Coliseum|
|December 28, 2006||Washington, D.C.||Verizon Center|
|December 29, 2006||Uniondale||Nassau Coliseum||Corbin Bleu's Hometown|
|December 30, 2006||Manchester||Verizon Wireless Arena|
|January 2, 2007||Toronto||Canada||Air Canada Centre||Drew Seeley's Hometown|
|January 3, 2007||Rochester||United States||Blue Cross Arena|
|January 4, 2007||Hartford||Hartford Civic Center|
|January 6, 2007||Pittsburgh||Mellon Arena|
|January 7, 2007||Albany||Pepsi Arena|
|January 8, 2007||East Rutherford||Continental Airlines Arena||Ashley Tisdale's Hometown|
|January 10, 2007||Worcester||DCU Center|
|January 11, 2007||Philadelphia||Wachovia Spectrum|
|January 12, 2007||Charlottesville||John Paul Jones Arena|
|January 13, 2007||Cincinnati||U.S. Bank Arena|
|January 14, 2007||Cleveland||Wolstein Center|
|January 16, 2007||Auburn Hills||The Palace of Auburn Hills|
|January 17, 2007||Indianapolis||Conseco Fieldhouse|
|January 18, 2007||Columbus||Schottenstein Center|
|January 19, 2007||Rosemont||Allstate Arena|
|January 21, 2007||Milwaukee||Bradley Center|
|January 22, 2007||St. Louis||Scottrade Center||Lucas Grabeel's Hometown|
|January 23, 2007||Kansas City||Kemper Arena|
|January 26, 2007||Anaheim||Honda Center|
|January 27, 2007||Fresno||Selland Arena|
|January 28, 2007||Paradise||Thomas & Mack Center|
|January 29, 2007||Los Angeles||Staples Center|
|May 15, 2007||Buenos Aires||Argentina||River Plate Stadium|
|May 16, 2007|
|May 18, 2007||Santiago||Chile||Estadio Nacional|
|May 20, 2007||São Paulo||Brazil||Morumbi Stadium|
|May 22, 2007||Caracas||Venezuela||Estadio Universitario|
|May 24, 2007||Monterrey||Mexico||Auditorio Coca-Cola|
|May 27, 2007||Mexico City||Foro Sol|
|May 30, 2007||Guadalajara||Arena VFG||Last Show of World Tour|
- The concert typically ran two and a half hours (150 minutes).
- The concert CD/DVD came from a performance in Houston, Texas on December 18, 2006 at the Toyota Center. On May 1, 2007, it was released on both CD and DVD together.
- Kenny Ortega, the movie's director and choreographer, became the show's touring producer, creative director and director. On the night of the last concert, as seen on YouTube, the cast introduced him before singing one last chorus of "We're All in This Together".
- The live version of "Start of Something New" recorded at the Houston concert appeared in the Radio Disney Jams Vol. 9 CD
- In Mexico the release took place on April 30, 2007. In the US the release happened on May 1, 2007.
- The concert DVD features Jordan Pruitt.
- The cast toured four countries in South America: Argentina, Chile, Brazil and Venezuela.
- The concert in São Paulo in Brazil aired Ashley Tisdale's songs "Headstrong" and "We'll Be Together" ; as well as Vanessa Hudgens's songs "Say OK" and "Let's Dance". In São Paulo High School Musical led more than 75,000 people on the concert".
- Vanessa Hudgens had a cold on the tour, resulting in her sounding flat and off-key in some sections of the concert album and DVD
- On May 26, 2007, Disney Channel Latin America showed the concert made in Buenos Aires in Argentina. This performance aired none of Ashley Tisdale's songs, and Vanessa Hudgens only sang "Come Back To Me".
- On June 9, 2007, Canal 13 showed the concert performed in Santiago, Chile, airing all the solo performances.
- On June 10, 2007 the concert filmed in Mexico City, Mexico aired on Disney Channel Latin America.
- Each of the singers had two microphones during the performances: a headset microphone with a flesh-colored pad on the tip, and a hand-held microphone.
- "Dance with Me" (from Cheetah Girls 2, also directed by Kenny Ortega with choreography by Ortega and Charles Klapow) included an extended guitar solo which allowed Monique Coleman to feature in an extended tango number with both backup dancer Jared Murillo and Seeley. Murillo also choreographed "Dance with Me".
- While the CD and DVD were recorded at the same show, the two different formats feature slightly different edits, for example the when Lucas thanks the cast and crew at the end of "We're All in This Together", he says: "Houston you have been awesome" and thanks the band on the CD version whilst the DVD version skips straight into thanking the cast and dancers. He thanks Jordan Pruitt in real life, but on both the CD/DVD combo and the Extreme All-Access Pass DVD, he never does.
- Erin Lareau designed the costumes for the concert tour.
Broadcasts and recordings
- CD (CD / DVD released on May 1, 2007)
- Disc 1 [CD]
- Start of Something New - Drew & Vanessa ft. Ashley, Lucas, Corbin, and Monique
- Stick to the Status Quo - Ashley, Lucas, & Cast
- I Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You - Drew, Vanessa, Ashley, & Lucas ft Corbin and Monique
- When There Was Me And You - Vanessa
- Get'cha Head In The Game - Drew, Corbin, and Men Dancers
- What I've Been Looking For (Reprise) - Drew & Vanessa
- What I've Been Looking For - Ashley & Lucas
- Bop To The Top - Ashley & Lucas
- Breaking Free - Drew & Vanessa
- We're All in This Together - Drew, Vanessa, Ashley, Lucas, & cast
- Push It To The Limit - Corbin Bleu
- Say OK - Vanessa Hudgens
- Dance With Me - Drew Seeley
- We'll Be Together - Ashley Tisdale
- Disc 2 [DVD]
- Five performances of High School Musical hits (Start of Something New, Get'cha Head In The Game, Bop To The Top, Breaking Free, We're All in This Together)
- Exclusive cast interviews (Concert Highlights DVD)
- Preview for High School Musical : The Concert Extreme Access Pass
- DVD (DVD released on June 26, 2007)
- The Start of Something New - The six main stars
- Stick to the Status Quo - Cast
- I Can't Take My Eyes Off of You - The six main stars
- When There Was Me and You - Vanessa Hudgens
- We'll Be Together - Ashley Tisdale
- Get'cha Head in the Game - Drew Seely and Corbin Bleu with backup dancers
- Push it to the Limit - Corbin Bleu
- Marchin - Corbin Bleu
- What I've Been Looking For (Reprise) - Vanessa Hudgens & Drew Seely
- What I've Been Looking For - Ashley Tisdale & Lucas Grabeel
- Say OK - Vanessa Hudgens
- Bop to the Top - Ashley Tisdale & Lucas Grabeel
- Breakin' Free - Vanessa Hudgens & Drew Seely
- We're All in This Together - Cast
- Jordan Pruitt's show-opening act ("Jump to the Rhythm", "Teenager", "Outside Looking In", "Miss Popularity")
- High School Musical: On the Road
- U Direct (Start of Something New, Get'cha Head In The Game, Bop To The Top, Breaking Free, We're All in This Together)
- High School Musical 2 Trailer
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The article or pieces of the original article was at High School Musical: The Concert. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Disney Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|