In Herbie: Rescue Rally, everyone's favorite Bug returns! This time the racing is more exciting than ever. Herbie comes to the rescue of an animal sanctuary that may become a toxic chemical factory run by the E. Vile Corporation. Race to victory on extreme race courses full of ramps, hills and tunnels while competing against Herbie's toughest opponent: evil Herman.
- Herbie Moments allow you to race up walls, loop-the-loop and even leapfrog over obstacles
- Wireless Multiplayer Mode allows you to race against 3 friendson any track - including 2 unique power-ups
- Collect 5 power-ups, like the fiendish Mud Slick that spins out your opponents
- 16 races spread across 4 unique areas - Race Track, Desert, Mountain and City
- Use the DS Touch Screen and microphone in great minigames - andgive your power-ups an extra boost
The game has generally positive reception. IGN gave it a 7.3, with nothing standing out, but criticized the track amount and playing time. Metacritic has a weighted score of 71, indicating "generally positive reviews". Walmart has it 5/5 from 2 reviewers. Reevoo.com has the game at 9.7/10 with 3 reviews, with sound being the weakest stat at 8.3/10. Gamezone.com has a 7.9/10 rating, noting that the controls are like Mario Kart DS, and the fact Herbie can go backwards like Mater. Amazon has the game at 4.5 with 4 reviewers.